Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in the N.Bay area help me with checking my Valve's & possibly
new shims if needed? I need to plan about a month out due to work scheduling issues. Right now I have 4300 on the clock and I think it is about time. I don't have any torque wrenches so What size will I need?

I was hoping for a local tech day but it does not look like any are currently in the works.

Thanks
Stinker the FNG

·
Registered
338 Posts
I live in Cloverdale and ride with a few guys from the North Bay. MarkB4 was working on organizing a tech day at NorthBay Motorsports in Santa Rosa- but not sure what the status is.

The only thing that I recall about being difficult with the valve adjustment on my '09 was the removal of the valve cover. There is a small boss on top that seemingly prevents the simple removal of the cover. You will need to remove the cover gasket and try slipping it off from a few different angles. That slight amount of extra clearance does the trick (Thanks Tim) Just about the time you start throwing things and wishing bad things upon me, it should slip right out.

We also installed some helicoils that day- use the torque wrench on everything as SLO suggested.

I could be convinced to host another tech day soon......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts