Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my 09 klr for almost a year and im about to turn 10000 miles, i figured it's time for a tune up. what i would like to know is what exactly is done on a major tune up.

the reason i would like to know is so that i can save a little jingle by doing as much as possible by myself. so any info would be appreciated as to what exactly needs to be done.

thanks.:28:

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Nothing special necessary, IMHO; follow the maintenance recommendations in your Owner's Manual.

(Corrections and clarifications welcomed!)

·
Administrator
3,679 Posts
Check your valve clearances and since you have it apart that far change the plug.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i have had my 09 klr for almost a year and im about to turn 10000 miles, i figured it's time for a tune up. what i would like to know is what exactly is done on a major tune up.

the reason i would like to know is so that i can save a little jingle by doing as much as possible by myself. so any info would be appreciated as to what exactly needs to be done.

thanks.:28:
There's not really a tune up per say just some things to check...

Have you dealt with the Doo issue? That would be my number one priority.
Valve check would be number 2. While you have the tank off check the wiring harness for rub spots.

Other than doing the regular maintenance stuff, i.e. oil change, air cleaner, chain adjust, etc. you could start going through the mod list (here) with the .22 mod the best place to start.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, thanks guys, i figured it wouldnt be too much of an ordeal. i'll just get a new plug and check all the fluids. i have a good mechanic here that i'll have do the valves but i got all the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts