Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
What's up buggyrider! I didn't see you on this forum, nice to see another person from EvansHELL!. As you can see, Scamp is in Newburgh. That makes 3 of us if you want to ride. We'll eventually hunt down some others.

I used to know a guy who worked at the K-Mart auto service center that had an 06 green. Talked with him twice then he fell off the earth with no warning and I haven't seen him since.

I know another guy in Newburgh with a red one, but I have always failed to motivate him to go riding. Seems to have a lot going on, including having another kid recently.

I met another guy on a Suzuki DRZ 650, but have also failed to get him interested in any rides.

Met an older guy in Evansville who has a Green 06 who I've seen and spoke with twice, but haven't heard from him again.

I don't know what it is about this area, but not many go on rides very often.

Scamp and I checked out the riding area in Elberfeld a few weekends ago. Interesting place, but small overall. I know a small amount of places with trails that I normally ride if the rain ever stops. Took Scamp to one of them that same weekend, but it was slime city after the rain.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yeah, that area is called Interlake/Spurgeon and has been closed for many years. The current warning is that they will impound all your vehicles if caught on the land. They are currently doing a required reclaim project in order to be able to open the land for recreational use. They open it a few times a year for trail day and a toys for tots event. Even so, the locals are always going on the land anyway. It's definitely quite a place, but when opened will be ruined by 4x4's just like Red Bird has been because they plan to model Interlake after Red Bird. Yeah, Indiana government isn't too bright, they simply care only about maximizing money which means 4x4's get to completely trash all the trails and ruin the place.

Big nasty was shut down due to somebody making a blind hill jump and was killed even though plenty of signs warned not to do them. Doesn't matter anyway, I heard that place had been turned in to mush by 4x4's in a matter of months after it was open.

Whoever opened this new area in Elberfeld apparently has some brain cells left and has finally stated "NO 4x4's". They can drive vehicles back there and park, but no real off roading is too be done. It's obvious 4x4's were allowed to play back there for awhile in the beginning though. Left over massive ruts and impassable water hazards are always their great mark on nature. What is left now is still ridable and hopefully the damage will smooth over in time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
newburgh

ive seen a coupla guys ridin round newburgh theres a guy too from wurtsboro i ride around monticello still lookin 4 others:character0011:

·
Registered
30 Posts
man to bad you guys don't live in Utah! I would ride all over with you. Utah has so many great trails to ride but there is no one to ride with. Even though there's a number of Klr's here. I think I will take the above idea and post up some signs at the local dealers to see if I can drum up some folks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hugegladiator Meet me in Silverthorn Co. the week of 21 st and we can ride , or if you get to Evansville In. Don't give up on riders ,It is still hard to get to ride due to everyones schedule.

·
Registered
30 Posts
silverthorn. That sounds like an intresting place. Thanks for the offer. I actually might have a ride the next week (25 or 26) of July around the Great Salt lake. You guys need to come out west for a week. The ride around the lake is about 400 miles. About 60 to 80 miles of desert roads. Should be fun. I will let you know how it goes. Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
400 miles of pleasure ! Sounds like fun. Is that a two day trip? We are trying to get some camping in along with a trip! I need an excuse to buy a Clark hammock tent! The temps out there are 40 at nite up to 70 during the day!I love that stuff!:28:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts