Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to KLRs, and Im horrible at building wheels, spokes, truing....does some place or someone build the 17 or 18 inch front wheel upgrade?

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
I imagine so, but . . . BRING MONEY!

(I have custom 19" (vs. stock 21") front and custom 17" (vs. stock 18") rear wheels on a non-KLR motorcycle; the previous owner set a high value on these changes. Check with, "Woody," the wheel guy (woodyswheelworks.com, I think), in Colorado.)

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Not sure I'd call it an upgrade but yes, many have done it. My buddy Dwain (Merrit64 here) had a set of Warp9 wheels and hubs done up for his.....he may even sell them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is a place in SoCal that specializes in custom spoke rim. The company is Buchanan's Spoke & Rim in Azusa. I was going to have my rims trued by them until they quoted me the cost per rim ($300+). The came highly recommended, but I can't say, I never used them. I instead loaded up on as much info as I could find and bought a BikeMaster truing stand. I trued my own rims, and I'm better off for it at 1/2 the cost of one rim. If you have a truly messed up rim resembling PacMan, you might want to look them up. :cautious: 👻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts