Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perfect weather today for a ride up to Kings Canyon National Park and Hume Lake. Fall is my favorite time of the year as traffic is very light during the week. Not many in the park as summer is over and kids are back in school.

After entering the park I stayed north and went up over the ridge and down into the Kings River Canyon. The route down to the river is loaded with really fun turns and fabulous scenery. I snagged a few pics in the more picture friendly areas. The lake picture is where I had my lunch break. The spot is at Hume Lake Christian camp. It's actually private land in the middle of the park. Beautiful facility.

A few years ago major forest fire roared through the area but mysteriously stopped at the edge of the camp property. Pretty sure some Devine intervention was involved protecting the camp.

The KLR performed well but I was missing the 105 hp of my 790 Duke on some of the long up hill sections. Here is the photographic evidence.
Sky Tire Mountain Vehicle Wheel
Tire Sky Wheel Mountain Vehicle
Table Plant Furniture Sky Outdoor table
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Mountain
Sky Bedrock Mountain Terrain Slope
Tire Sky Wheel Mountain Ecoregion
Sky Bedrock Road surface Asphalt Terrain
Shoe Leg Road surface Sunlight Grass
Leg Bedrock Road surface Grey Wood

· Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
181 Posts
Nice!!
I'm in Visalia & try to go riding as often in SEKI as I can. I've finished all my weekend rides for this year, but if you do any riding this upcoming spring and want some company let me know.

Have you rode any trails around Big Meadows in Sequoia?

Reactions: Hawkerjet

· Registered
181 Posts
Also- I couldn't agree more about Hume being protected from the fires. "Someone" sees and provides.

Reactions: Hawkerjet

· Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice!!
I'm in Visalia & try to go riding as often in SEKI as I can. I've finished all my weekend rides for this year, but if you do any riding this upcoming spring and want some company let me know.

Have you rode any trails around Big Meadows in Sequoia?
Finished all weekend rides??? Does that mean you only ride during the week or you are done riding for this year??? You got this old guy all cornfused.:rolleyes:

· Registered
181 Posts
Finished all weekend rides??? Does that mean you only ride during the week or you are done riding for this year??? You got this old guy all cornfused.:rolleyes:
Hahahaha, let me explain. I usually don't have the time to go riding during the week, and I'll be working Monday-Sunday for this whole month so my weekends are out.

My wife and I are also due for our first baby early this next month 😄, so I'm doubtful I'll have the time to ride for the rest of this year since the roads get snowed in around Nov/Dec.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts