Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 2011 KLR on Friday and today I had my first close encounter with being clipped by a BMW changing lanes and hitting me on the highway. She waved to say sorry. (Or kiss my A$#)
I have worked 3 out of the 4 days that I owned it but managed to put on 200+ miles on her. I love this bike!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Congrats and keep your head on a swivel.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I hate that stuff…. I was riding the other and I saw a car backing down a drive way…. I almost came to a stop anticipation of them backing in front of me. They did not but boy I still had chills

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I picked up my 2011 KLR on Friday and today I had my first close encounter with being clipped by a BMW changing lanes and hitting me on the highway. She waved to say sorry. (Or kiss my A$#)
I have worked 3 out of the 4 days that I owned it but managed to put on 200+ miles on her. I love this bike!

Looking back on your close call what could you have done to prevent this? Were you in her blindspot? Not anticipating a car pulling into an open space ahead of you? Didn't leave yourself an escape route? What?

Analyze the incident this should be a learning experience for you.

ls this your first bike? Have you had rider training like a MSF Basic Rider Course? have you read David Hough's book
?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spec

Those are the questions I have been going over in my mind. Thank you for the heads up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on the bike!:35a:

Above all, stay out of the blind spots.:50:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts