Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Nah...you got a pretty cool life as far as I can tell. :)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah...you got a pretty cool life as far as I can tell. :)
Dan, Dan, Dan.. If only you saw me right now.. :)

Holiday Inn, in Baton Rouge.. My feet hurt from a 12 hour day in the paper mill.. I'm drinking a Busch Light in my underwear, while farting around on the KLR forum on my laptop, when I should close my eyes and go to sleep.

Luckily, for me, my 2000th and 2001rst posts have zero value to the forum... :30:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
All that sounds great except...Busch lite?!?!?! ;)

Just remember, you got some exceptional motorcycles waiting to be ridden amigo.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All that sounds great except...Busch lite?!?!?! ;)

Just remember, you got some exceptional motorcycles waiting to be ridden amigo.
Eh.. I wanted some beer and Busch Light's the swill my friends drink on a regular basis.. No accounting for taste.. Anyway, a 6 pack of 16oz cans was only $3.50, and I just wanted something cold and wet to toss down my gullet after work. It's not as much for taste but for quenching thirst.

And I'm looking forward to riding those bikes.. (I might have snuck the VFR out for a couple miles on Saturday).. Hee hee... :D

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Cheap beer and dreaming. God, that's beautiful. ;)

And cheap...damn...I gotta move.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheap beer and dreaming. God, that's beautiful. ;)

And cheap...damn...I gotta move.
Actually, that price is expensive compared to home.. But I'm pretty sure we get a quantity discount in Wisconsin..:)

Then again, you have to remember that I grew up with a local brewery (thats now super premium micro brewery stuff) selling 3 cases of cans or returnable bottles of local beer for....

Wait for it....

$9.99..

Yeah, $3.33 a case for beer.. I had an inside track on 1/2 barrels for employee cost of $22.. Kegerator in the basement, near the pool table..

Those were the days!!! :D Double A has a photo of he and I after we fixed the kegerator... It was a happy, happy day!!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
When I lived in PA (****ed up liquor laws), there was a bar where you could take an empty gallon milk jug and they'd fill it with Yuenglings for $2. Man, I kind of miss that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've only had half of a german beer while stationed in Germany in all my life.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I lived in PA (****ed up liquor laws), there was a bar where you could take an empty gallon milk jug and they'd fill it with Yuenglings for $2. Man, I kind of miss that.
Yeah, but you couldn't buy a 6 pack of beer in a liquor store.. Seriously screwy liquor laws in PA..

Since I'm often only at a job for a day, a six pack, or even just a 24 oz. can is all I'm after.. I'm not after the buzz, but the taste of beer.. I'll gladly sit down in a park while riding with a couple friends and assist in drinking a 6 pack of N/A beer, just for the taste and conversation..

And no, I don't drink beer with alcohol and ride..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yeah, that was the beauty of the milk jug. Not too much (especially if you share), and cheap. I knew a lot of guys who were drunks who might not have been if they didn't have to buy 24 beers at a pop.

PA is old school. State run liquor stores. Closed Sunday. Can't buy less than a case. Anything less, you gotta buy it from a bar.

But, you can get Yuenglings cheap, and that is GOOD beer. They even make a good bottled black and tan which I wouldn't have thought was impossible. Guiness can't even make a decent tasting portable beer. :50:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, no life.. This post just put me over DX's post amount, making me the top poster...

If only it'd either warm up or snow out so I can just go ride SOMETHING!!!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Francine likes to sit on her trike and make motorcycle noises. I do it, too. Don't knock it til you've tried it. ;)

Congrats postmaster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts