Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the bike and after doing an oil change when I first got the bike, I did another oil change after about 200 miles and this time I noticed metal flakes (15w-40 Rotella T4) should I been concerned at all?

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
I just purchased the bike and after doing an oil change when I first got the bike, I did another oil change after about 200 miles and this time I noticed metal flakes (15w-40 Rotella T4) should I been concerned at all?
This forum needs you to Participate a little more (15 postings) to allow links, pics & videos, for most new members. (some have discovered a way around that)

I saw your pic on the dark.net (klr650.net).

With no more particulate than that (in one spot only?) I wouldn't worry about it.

With the bike parked on a center stand or work stand and the crankshaft on the bottom half of stroke, the oil filter cavity will drain out thru the crankshaft. (Couple hours or overnight)

So the oil filter can be removed for inspection with the bike re-parked on the side stand, without making an oily mess, any time you wish. And re-installed/re-used.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your response. Yes that was the only area where I had any flakes really. They seem to be aluminum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts