Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 KLR and am in need of a front wheel or front wheel hub assembly.

Had the tire renewed and balanced at the dealer, and it would appear that they did not align the speedo drive correctlywhen they re-installed the tire/wheel into the bike.(of course they have never done this and deny any claims)
Now the speedo drive slots and the entire bearing retaining snap ring casting is sheared off, also, upon undoing the axel nut to investigate the issues, I learned that they may have actually torqued the axle nut to near 175ft/lbs.

Does anyone have one for sale or know of a suitable and resonably priced aftermarket rim/hub assembly that would work?

Thanks,

TD98

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
And that's why I do my own work.

Have you tried eBay? Put your location in your profile. It may help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try ebay shortly after discovering the problem, but only found one complete wheel, for an '07, which I'm told is compatable, and the price was reasonable, however, it had just sold when I got to it.
I will try again as soon as I get a chance. I did try all the motorcycle re-cyclers in B.C. and Alberta without any luck, but I will try those as well again.

Profile location added, was not aware that it was not showing, thanks:21a:

TD98

·
Registered
357 Posts
Keep in mind that a KLR600 front wheel will also work. The speedo drive is the same. All that needs to be done is to swap the KLR600 rotor with the KLR650 rotor. The 600 rotor is slightly smaller in diameter.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
found one complete wheel, for an '07, which I'm told is compatable
87' to 2007 are all the same bike. Not sure what the difference is (if any) to the front wheel on a Gen 2 bike (2008+)
And Tom's info on the KLR600 only expands this option even more.

Have you tried any of the motorcycle salvage websites? My local one is Milwaukee Cycle Salvage, but I'm sure there's got to be a bunch more.

I'd think they won't have a problem shipping to CAnada, either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have still had no luck with finding a front wheel for the bike to date.

Just installed new Headinau's front and rear and sprockets/chain as well (went up one tooth in rear sprocket:)).

I am using my GPS for the speedo, but really would like to get the stock speedo running again with a wheel change out.

Any one with any new leads?

Thxs,

TD98

1 - 6 of 6 Posts