1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
I bought this old ‘05 a couple of months ago. It has been grossly neglected except for oil changes. Bent parts, broken levers, busted hand guards, torn up grips and footpegs, broken cooling fan, broken off turn signals. It had been strictly an off road bike. So…I replaced the cooling fan, added an over ride switch in the dash in case the thermo switch doesn’t kick in, new grips, hand guards, crash bars, high intensity running lights, laminar lip windshield extension, new turn signals, saddlebags, GIVI 45L tour trunk, I installed about 150 LEDs in the trunk for running lights, brake lights, more turn signals, new front tire, new choke lever, new footpegs, rear crash bars (under saddlebags) a top to bottom clean up and lube. Custom made tank decals. Grey bedliner on all plastics, New front tire, new clutch and brake levers. All the lights save for the amber turn signals are High intensity low current draw LEDs.
I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.

·
Premium Member
8,882 Posts
It looks Great! How many miles is the meter showing?

What do you know about its engine balancer chain adjustment locking lever & spring, aka the doo-hickey?
It would be a shame to loose a good engine because of a $50 part.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats a great looking bike, also the seat rest on the back very nice.
id recommend new rear suspension if its the OEM. other than that great work on bringing back that gem.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice Motojunkie. Maybe a suggestion, and this depends on your riding intentions I guess, but maybe give some thought to a rear brake master cylinder guard? My boot is always smackin' that dude. Just a thought.
Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Sports equipment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts