Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS/GALS
SCRAPED THE SIDE OF MY TANK ON A TREE, SMALL SCRAPE AND DENT.
LOCAL PANEL SHOP CAN REPAIR AND RESPRAY THE TANK FOR 250 DOLLARS AUS. WHICH INCLUDES CLEAR COATS. GET THIS, THE OZZ 2005 MODEL HAS TWO TANK DECALS ON EACH SIDE OF TANK, THE DECALS, ( 4 ) COST
520 DOLLARS AUSTRALIAN, WHICH EQUATES TO 480 DOLLARS US, DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT THATS A PLAIN RIPOFF IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD. ANY IDEAS OTHER THAN PANEL SHOP AIR BRUSHING TANK, AS I LIKE TO KEEP MY BIKE IN GOOD CONDITION. PURCHASED A NEW 08 SOFTAIL, (AUS DELIVERED) AND HAVE SINCE PURCHASED NUMEROUS ACCESSORIES FROM THE HARLEY SHOP AND HAVE FOUND THE CHROME PARTS TO BE OF A HIGH STANDARD AND ALL ACCESSORIES WELL PRICED, GO FIGURE :animal0034:

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Hello Mick96, welcome to the forum. I looked into the graphics for you, and I have located a few sources.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/2037-kawasaki-2005-klr650-KL650-A19/assemblies/39961

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/3/Make/Kawasaki/YearID/46/Year/2005/ModelID/4275/Model/KLR650/GroupID/135499/Group/Decals(Red)(A19)

http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=375742&category=Motorcycles&make=KAWASAKI&year=2005&fveh=8695

Your other motorcycle, the '08 Soft Tail sounds interesting. Tell me, what is this "chrome parts to be of a high standard" you speak of?

Just yanking your chain! I've heard of chrome. If the links above don't lead you to success, let us know and we can try something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for info vatrader.
Much appreciated
yea, i find it interesting that an american manufacturer can supply oem parts and accessories in ozz that have proven to me to be of high quality and at what i consider a very reasonable price but the price for parts for my klr650 that i purchased new in 05 are way over the top and outrageously expensive in ozz. Heres an idea, as companies in other countries have been producing harley clones for years, perhaps the american manufactures could produce klr650 clones, they would sell squillions in ozz, cheers mick

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
The Harley Military bike is a KLR clone. Unfortunately, it's not available to the public.

I saw one at the Barber Motorcycle Museum and it's very KLRish.. Rotax motor, and Harley everything else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the HD mt350e (the bke you have pictured there is not a KLR clone in any way it is based on the Armstrong 500 which is an old English bike that's been used by the uk military. then the us army liked it so much but didn't want to ride English bikes they got HD to buy the rights to make one then HD decided that Americans couldn't handle 500's or use a kick start they changed it to a 350 and added an electric starter to go along with the kicker (the engines are the same size externally- all parts of the case are interchangeable except for the one where the starter attaches)

i own a 2003 KLR 650 (haven't got it on the road yet - still waiting for a new shocker) and one of my best mates owns the HD MT350e which are available for the public as ex army surplus at auction or from dealers like force motorcycles (i cant post URL's yet)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't know about other countries but I am aware of many used gas tanks with decals perfectly intact. I have a forest green 99 and HC has my old red 06 tank.
The other option would be to buy an IMS tank. Do some research as prices vary greatly between suppliers and time of year.:)

HI GUYS/GALS
SCRAPED THE SIDE OF MY TANK ON A TREE, SMALL SCRAPE AND DENT.
LOCAL PANEL SHOP CAN REPAIR AND RESPRAY THE TANK FOR 250 DOLLARS AUS. WHICH INCLUDES CLEAR COATS. GET THIS, THE OZZ 2005 MODEL HAS TWO TANK DECALS ON EACH SIDE OF TANK, THE DECALS, ( 4 ) COST
520 DOLLARS AUSTRALIAN, WHICH EQUATES TO 480 DOLLARS US, DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT THATS A PLAIN RIPOFF IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts