Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a klr 650 at the local scrap yard and long story short I took it home for $150 it had no headlight brake lights didnt work most of the wire harness gone no ignition fans gone horn gone etc etc so my point is I rebuilt it to the point that it runs and drives missing all plastics/ fairings tho eccept front and rear fenders going to finish placing toggle kill switch bypassed keyed start put decent tires on got gages from another bike shocks seat etc etc it dont look too bad it can be someones almost completed project but i nesd the money pretty bad and I'm thinking of letting her go how much you think i could get will post pictures shortly

Keep in mind she a little rough but she was found basically dead and gone and i frankensteined her to life

·
Registered
59 Posts
That seems like a bargain to me - I'd have paid at least $175.
After the gen 3 announcement, prices went up at dealers around here (Central Oregon). No idea what prices are out the door but a stock 2015 with 5K miles is now $6K at dealers. Are they trying to stimulate gen 3 sales? Why buy a bike with thousands of miles, several years old when a new one is less than $1K more? Depreciation, what's that? FSBO prices on Craigslist are up too with early gen 2's asking $5K. Seems like wishful thinking or planning on a gen 3.
I need to start browsing the junkyards...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thom , I think you’re referring to that dealer “Power Motorsports” in Sublimity OR, right? Every one of their ads touts in big letters, “EZ FINANCING!!”

They aren’t selling bikes, they are selling expensive financing. Sleazy used car lot style. I keep seeing them advertise the same bikes over and over again on the Portland Craigslist, so there may be some bait and switch game going on too. They also strip off the extras and then sell them separately.

when the Gen3’s hit the dealers, prices of Gen1’s and Gen2’s will drop.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thought I was in an alternate universe or maybe this zombie apocalypse (pandemic) was really screwing with everything. I suspect you're correct about prices after the gen3, whenever that happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts