Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First here's a pic of my buddies 2007 KLR he just got, 5k miles...

A few strange things happen first the fuel delivery seems a bit off, surging even at a locked RPM and idle is very crazy... bike wants to die if the choke isnt left on until its fully warmed up... other than that it runs real nice and when the fuel is getting where it needs to go, it revs happily. I think it just needs a carb cleaning...

The other thing that is weird is that whenever I lean over into corners on either side a strange humming noise starts, almost like a whistle. My KLR I run fairingless and I have sw-motech crash bars so I wasnt sure if its these bars and fairing in combination, anyone have this happen or have any recommendation? I've tried to put my hand around different spaces to try to change the wind flow and can't seem to find where its from.

thanks!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
check the idle mixture screw, might be turned out too far or even missing.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
The surging and farting around sounds like your carb needs going through.
The humming sounds like tires. When I first got my new to me Nomad it did the same thing in the corners. It turned out I was cornering leaned over farther than the PO and was getting onto the edge of the squared off tires. The tires were scalloped on the edges causing a vibe through the bike. When I put new rubber on it all went away.
Nice looking bike!
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check the idle mixture screw, might be turned out too far or even missing.
Thanks will do!

The surging and farting around sounds like your carb needs going through.
The humming sounds like tires. When I first got my new to me Nomad it did the same thing in the corners. It turned out I was cornering leaned over farther than the PO and was getting onto the edge of the squared off tires. The tires were scalloped on the edges causing a vibe through the bike. When I put new rubber on it all went away.
Nice looking bike!
Regards....justjeff
Hey that's a good call! The tires are newish and pretty agressive, I'll see if it happens at high speed dirt cornering... It's pretty annoying on S curves, hummmmmmmmm stop hummmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
I would say justjeff is right about the humming noise coming from the tires. I'm guessing it's that rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts