Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a good story for you all...

It's about 11pm, in Sydney, Australia, and I'm riding home from a night out with my mates. I was taking the back streets to get home, but I decided to hop onto a motorway, because my exhaust (no baffle) is really loud, and I'm a nice guy, so I didn't wanna wake everyone up. As I was turning on to the motorway, something flew into my bike, a bat or something, anyway, the bike low sided, and slid for for about 50 metres, into a concrete barriers. I'm alright, the bike isn't so much. The handlebar bent in, the left hand side upper cowl is cracked, and the rest of the bike is protect from the crash bars, which are pretty worse for wear. I fixed up my handle bars today, now I need to replace the cowling. Now my question is:

Will 2008 upper left cowling fit onto a 2014 model? I assume it will, but want to make sure before I spend $150+

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question about the cowling. But, glad that you survived the low side okay.

·
Lifetime Member
2,482 Posts
I don't think that Kawi has changed the Gen2 plastics since it's introduction in 2008, so the cowl should fit fine.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Here's a good story for you all...

It's about 11pm, in Sydney, Australia, and I'm riding home from a night out with my mates. I was taking the back streets to get home, but I decided to hop onto a motorway, because my exhaust (no baffle) is really loud, and I'm a nice guy, so I didn't wanna wake everyone up. As I was turning on to the motorway, something flew into my bike, a bat or something, anyway, the bike low sided, and slid for for about 50 metres, into a concrete barriers. I'm alright, the bike isn't so much. The handlebar bent in, the left hand side upper cowl is cracked, and the rest of the bike is protect from the crash bars, which are pretty worse for wear. I fixed up my handle bars today, now I need to replace the cowling. Now my question is:

Will 2008 upper left cowling fit onto a 2014 model? I assume it will, but want to make sure before I spend $150+
Was that one of those Fruit-Bats you have hanging from the trees over there?
Those things are "big". ( What would one of them weigh? )
We have wild turkeys here in New Hampshire, that would be almost the same.

Glad you are ok, sorry about the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts