Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok hear is a reveuw for the new generation. I have read many post from older models to curant of the evolment of the Doo. And this is my findings. I and another 08 KLR rider done the Doo yesterday mine with 6600 miles his with a bit more. we tore into them both at the same time this is our findings both bikes were the same the springs were atached but had no tention left in them there was no way the springs could adjust any more the doo was of a beafed up desine but fit on the balance shaft was very sloppy. No way that balance chain was being keep tight. we went with eagle mikes doo and torsion spring as a machinest for those that may not under stand i hope this may help some the torsion spring is a mutch superior design than the stock this is from 20 years of machine experiance and mikes doo is of the utmost Quality. We got both all buttoned back up oil and filters changed. fired up and let me just say there is absulutly no comparison Eagle Mikes Doo has blown the factory design away. I had a 40 mile trip back home and i did put her thew her paces with trailer in tow could not beleave i was on the same bike i road down. So if you find other doo's cheaper and you will forget it pony up for the best you will not reget it. If there is any one around S W MO that would like to have help with this up grade i have the tools. and would be glade help.:cool:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
my 08 doo experience was pretty much identical. stock there was NO tension.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I'm pretty sure they did not.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gun i will have to agree with Locjaw there has been many improvment in a lot of places but i feal the spring still needs some atention and the sloppy fit of doo on the balancer shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts