Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last spring I pulled the trigger on my 2008 KLR650 and I love it. The bike takes me to all the places I want to go and fits every want I could have for it. I must say its a 2008 and the oil burning issue was a thought. I ride my bike to work every day (70 miles round trip) as long as its not raining. My bike uses 1/8 of a quart of oil per oil change (1K miles) and I think those are pretty good numbers for as much high speed riding as I do. Three weeks ago I went out and added a new bike to the garage, a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1700. I figured it would be better suited to road duty and much more comfortable. What I did not see was my need to ride that KLR. My new Yamaha is great, its 1700 CC, has cruise, a seat back, its black and dripping in chrome. I have had it to work three times, not because I dont want to scartch it or something however....My KLR650 is just a blast to ride. The seat is not as comfortable, the engine does not have the power and its not half as pretty as the new bike. However I road it to work again today, its just what fits me and it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 klr 650

I know what you mean. I use to ride a Harley up to a month ago but sold it and bought the KLR 650. I am having a blast on this bike. I am looking forward to taking some long rides on it. "Let the good times roll."

Jim Bonhote
2008 KLR 650:)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
KLR has soul.

Welcome Jim!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know what you mean. I use to ride a Harley up to a month ago but sold it and bought the KLR 650. I am having a blast on this bike. I am looking forward to taking some long rides on it. "Let the good times roll."

Jim Bonhote
2008 KLR 650:)
Welcome to the klr '08 club....

Ride safe

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Can I have the Yamaha? For research purposes. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great work guys, I also have a 2008 .

Can't believe you have to post 15 posts of more before you can post URLS

·
Registered
20 Posts
So last spring I pulled the trigger on my 2008 KLR650 and I love it. The bike takes me to all the places I want to go and fits every want I could have for it. I must say its a 2008 and the oil burning issue was a thought. I ride my bike to work every day (70 miles round trip) as long as its not raining. My bike uses 1/8 of a quart of oil per oil change (1K miles) and I think those are pretty good numbers for as much high speed riding as I do. Three weeks ago I went out and added a new bike to the garage, a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1700. I figured it would be better suited to road duty and much more comfortable. What I did not see was my need to ride that KLR. My new Yamaha is great, its 1700 CC, has cruise, a seat back, its black and dripping in chrome. I have had it to work three times, not because I dont want to scartch it or something however....My KLR650 is just a blast to ride. The seat is not as comfortable, the engine does not have the power and its not half as pretty as the new bike. However I road it to work again today, its just what fits me and it works.
I keep thinking I'll add another bike to the stable some day... but I'm pretty sure I'd just keep riding my KLR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts