Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK' I'll admit it, I didn't do a search first.:18:

Here's the problem.. I have no place to work on my bike anymore, so removing the stock jet just so I can see what size it is can be a real PITA.
I recently did the Twenty-Two Cent Mod (two shims and two turns out) but am less than thrilled with the results. A friend of mine suggested that I try upping the main a size to see if I can get a little more power for passing.

btw... I didn't remove the snorkle, should I?

So does anyone know the stock main jet size for the '08 so I don't have to take it to a friends house just to check it?

-T

·
Registered
81 Posts
The $0.02 Mod address a mixture condition on the lower part of the power band, replacing the main jet would affect the upper end. Normally that section of the power band is OK unless other engine mods have been done that would require a larger main jet.
Jim

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ask because I've got a friend with an '05 who installed a jet kit and now clearly has (we compared the two bikes) more roll-on power than I do. No pipe, no intake mods, just a jet kit.

-T

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy,

My first post of this forum....

I have an 08 and the main jet is a 145. The older models, as far as I know, were a 148. I put a Dynojet stg 1 jet kit for an 06 KLR (well, I bought it in 06) it is running ok (better than standard so far, anyhow). I would be interested to know the difference between the old kit and the new one for the 08?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts