Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 KLR650 with Eagle Mike Fork Brace and Raising Links

I've been through several bikes trying to find the best one for me (within the KLR price range) in the past year, including a 2007 KLR 650; 2007 GS500; 2002 Shadow 750; and now a 2009 KLR 650. I love the new 2009 KLR 650!! It doesn't remind me of anything like the 2007 KLR 650 that I had...not that it was a bad bike, just not the right one for me.

In any case, I now own a 2009 Blue KLR 650. Haven't posted pics because it looks just like the other blue '09s that have been posted.

What I did do is order an Eagle Mike fork brace and a set of Eagle Mike 2" raising links. WOW!!! What a difference. In Austin we are prone to high winds and a lot of pot holes and uneven patches in the roads. Without a doubt, the stock forks and suspension were better for me on the 09 when comparred to the 07 KLR. But it wasn't perfect. So in the back of my mind I kept having the questions of IF I sould do the fork brace and possibly raising links.

I spoke to Eagle Mike a couple of times. If anyone has dealt with the dealers or motorcycle shops, or even Ebay, you owe it to yourself to check out EM. He was great. Very honest and dependable. In fact, I bought my 09 in December and this is the first post I've done since aquiring it. The fact that I had such a great experience with EM and that the difference has been this substantial made me decide to post a progress report.

I couldn't believe the quality of the brace and the raising links. It is rock solid on the road now and really handels better than I could have expected.

Let's just say that there is one more person attesting to the quality, craftsmanship, and personal service that Eagle Mike brings to the table. I loved my '09 before, but now it will be seeing a lot more of Austin!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts