Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the local shop today and it looks like if i used the newer brackets i can hang the new front cowling on my 2000 klr .. looks like the same tank and body lines ..

has anyone else tried this ? i like the newer headlight and coverage of the fairing better than the older style of mine ..and since someone stole mine i get to build it my way ..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Does your's have a screw hole on the gas tank?? The upper rear part of the plastic attaches to the gas tank.

Look at the photo at the very top of the page. Just to the right of the i in KAWASAKI, you can see the attachment point.

Now, maybe you are speaking about just the part that holds the headlight. In that case, I have no clue....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i was at the local shop today and it looks like if i used the newer brackets i can hang the new front cowling on my 2000 klr .. looks like the same tank and body lines ..

has anyone else tried this ? i like the newer headlight and coverage of the fairing better than the older style of mine ..and since someone stole mine i get to build it my way ..

Have you checked the prices for the new model's body parts? Bike Bandit fiche you're looking north of $700!.

If I had an old model I would install the large IMS tank, change the headlight and fab/buy an aftermarket fairing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
britannia fairing is almost everybit as high as the stock fairing ! not including shipping from our neighbor ..

i saw a few classified ads for the 09 fairing for 250 bucks and saw another for 450 with all the brackets too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts