Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm writing just to ask your advice if I may. I have the above bike which I have owned from new and imported into the UK when I returned from working there. It is in excellent condition, has only covered just over 1000 miles and has a full mot. It has just been serviced and comes with a top box and brand new outdoor cover. I know these bikes are not available in the UK so wanted to ask your advice regarding what it would be worth as I am looking to sell? Grateful for any views. Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't tried as yet. One of the 'we buy any bike' companies has just offered me £2500 so may accept that.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Well, that 2,500 pounds sets your lower limit.
If it helps, I bought a 2011 in 2012 from a dealer. It had 300 miles and was in the US where KLRs and parts are like fleas on a dog. I paid about $4,700 plus taxes and fees for a bike that would have sold new for around $6,300 plus taxes and fees. That is about 75% of new cost.

Yours is four years older than mine was and located where they are not sold/serviced. My really loose guess is that 45 to 50% of its new cost before tax would be the top of the range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yours is four years older than mine was and located where they are not sold/serviced. My really loose guess is that 45 to 50% of its new cost before tax would be the top of the range.
Thanks. I paid GBP£4900 in Jan 2011 so the 2500 gets me just over 50% back. I suppose I could hang out for more but would also stand more chance of getting stuck with it. It's a niche market here...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I may have a few suggestions

Thanks. I paid GBP£4900 in Jan 2011 so the 2500 gets me just over 50% back. I suppose I could hang out for more but would also stand more chance of getting stuck with it. It's a niche market here...

-

Hi, just saw your post. Yes it is a niche market here, but there are a few strange locals that will be interested. I know that a 2010 sold here for £ 3,600 a while back and that someone 5 miles from me still trying to sell their 2009 for £ 2,500

Give me a shout, I personally ride a KLR in the UK :character00201:

Actually, just remembered that a dealer was selling brand new ones for £ 3,995 last year - 2 miles on the clock and brand new imports ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts