Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes. I loved my 1999, it had 28,000ish miles on her when we parted ways. I loved her very much. However that little skank had a ridiculously hard seat that smashed my boys everytime I rode. So that was my only gripe with her. Now, the 2011. I love this just as much. However, 12 years later and they still have not fixed the testicle crushing seat which apparently was forged in mordor. I now have 7,000 lovely miles and am hoping for several more. I will be getting a new seat (preferably made by white elves or the amish).

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
Nice bikes! I really like my Seat Concepts seat, it's wider and that seems to help a lot with the pressure points. The kit was easy to install and only took a few hours. Most of that was re-stretching the cover to get the wrinkles out.

I've also heard nothing but good thing's about the Sargent seats, a little more money than the Seat Concepts kit though.

I tried the factory gel seat kit and a Corbin Dual Platform and didn't care for either of them. Everybody's butt is different though. Mine seems a lot less tolerant than it was when I was younger... Lol!

Edit: It's funny, I notice that most people that sell their KLR's end up buying another one. Great bikes!

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
Which one did you get? The tall, the low step or the commuter?
I bought mine shortly after the kit was introduced, it's just the regular height one. Guess it would be the commuter then? It's quite a bit wider than the original plank, makes straddling the bike a little more challenging as I don't have a really long inseam. A lot more comfy during roadwork though!

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts