Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any & all Texas KLR owners: Check out harvestclassic.org

The Harvest Classic Vintage Motorcycle Rally is a children’s cancer charity event hosted each year in Luckenbach in late October. It's a weekend long camp out, vintage bike show, trials competition & general scooter trash gathering. A great time for a great cause! The $30 price of admission gets you permission to camp for the weekend (Fri and Sat nights), admission to the trials events and the vintage bike show on Saturday, live music and a BBQ dinner Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. And all the motorcycle rider companionship you can stand - often until the wee hours of the morning... Think of it as a "live" forum - remember when we used to do stuff face-to-face? What a deal. An impromptu KLR group happened in 2008 that has come to be known as the Luckenbach KLR Society. In 2008 there were 6 KLR riders; in 2009, there were 10 of us, in 2010 there were 14... As the KLR owner who lives closest to the rally, I've taken it upon myself to trailer my bike out, along with plush camp gear for all the KLR riders (big-ass camp chairs, firewood, Coleman stove / full kitchen set up, big-ass coolers & plenty of ice for groceries, drinks, etc, etc, etc... The only requirement for membership is possession of a KLR at the time of the rally - show up on a KLR & we'll see to it you have a chair, somewhere to prepare your grub, if not a full fare provided by the generosity of others, and secure accommodations within the KLR compound. This year we’re encouraging any KLR riders who’re coming out to hit up friends & family for charitable contributions (checks made out to Harvest Classic) so that the KLR group can, in addition to our registration fees, make an additional donation to the cause – with a challenge to other bike groups to step up for next year! We’ll see if a little friendly competition can’t raise the amount given to the children next year. Feel free to contact Andrew Gates at [email protected] if I can be of any assistance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts