Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Well, I finally sold my VTX and bought a 2012 red/blk/slvr klr. I've had it a week and so far love it. As a new owner, are there things I should be aware of? stuff to look out for? Anything I should do right away? thanks in advance.

Paul:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Since you're a new owner, I'll break the bad news to you... KLR650's are the worst bike ever. You should give yours to me and go buy a different one.

OK. I'm just kidding.

(Kidding about the bike being bad, not about you giving yours to me. :))

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm just 232 miles ahead of you, bought mine new in March. So far I've ordered/installed a Corbin seat, an 8-gallon action packer on back, and an ICON Hi-Vis vest.

Just filled my tank today for the first time.

Welcome!

Wren

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
wren, So far I've installed the factory saddlebags. Thinking about a taller windshield.
There are quite a few taller aftermarket windshield choices available.

Just type in "tall windshield" in the search box on this site and you can find several threads about choices others have made, pros/cons, etc.

They might help you, or they might lead to total confusion and "paralysis by analysis."

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm thinking about a taller windshield as well, but had to buy running shoes this month! I followed my wife around today as she ran the Lincoln (NE) Marathon. 40 miles on the ODO, but got me on and off the bike quite a bit. Being only 5'9" and getting off and on the bike, along with the Action Packer, was quite the exercise. I think I can now lift my leg to pee higher than most of the male population...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts