please stand by for revised date.

That is all>

snakeboy66

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Hey Yo All KLRistas,

This is a trip that is taking place regardless of participation. This will encompass KLR's, Photography, Camping, paying homage to the birth of our Country. There is no set plan only a general direction. We stop when we stop, no sooner or later. I currently have set aside 7-8 days, it may be shorter depending on the events and experiences. I have been looking over the route and have discovered a number of awesome locals that we can visit on the way. I have the first nights accommodations reserved and payed for. The first night will be at Hogdon Meadows Yosemite. This is just inside the gate on 120, Big Oak Flat Rd.. We stayed here last year and it was a cool spot. I have two sites reserved at this time, will adjust as needed.
I am definitely looking for riding partners. Who has the ()() balls, desire, opportunity and commitment to join?

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
272 Posts
What day are we leaving? And I'm in 110%. And I just heard from my old pal Jack D, he'll ride in my sidebag. :rightsidecar:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just happened upon this thread and it looks like something I'd definitely enjoy doing. All of the locations sound good to me.

Camping:kumbaya: or hoteling (or a combo thereof) is OK by me.

Will be following your progress and will chime in as soon as the dates are nailed down.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Tri State Iron Butt

What day are we leaving? And I'm in 110%. And I just heard from my old pal Jack D, he'll ride in my sidebag. :rightsidecar:
kmbsar,

The date of departure is July 1st, 2013 in the am. We head towards Yosemite and fun.

Snakeboy66

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Tri State Iron Butt

I just happened upon this thread and it looks like something I'd definitely enjoy doing. All of the locations sound good to me.

Camping:kumbaya: or hoteling (or a combo thereof) is OK by me.

Will be following your progress and will chime in as soon as the dates are nailed down.
Dan Diego,

The dates have not changed. They were posted in the beginning of this thread. We depart on July1st, 2013. The plan is to return on July 8th, 2013. The accomodations will be out amongst the stars unless we decide to become civilized one evening. I am intent on the entire course and would enjoy your "chiming".

Snakeboy66

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Hello Fellow Riders,

I would like to extend an invitation to those who cant make it on the entire Tri State Iron Butt. I have two camping spots reserved at Hodgdon Meadow campgrounds in Yosemite. Consider joining us on the first leg of the ride. Enjoy a night camping, eating and drinking some brew. The spots and the brew is on me. The next day we can ride through the valley and part ways.

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ok, I'm on the fence here and trying to make my to-ride list to schedule vacation time. My first big question is how much if this ride will be "off road"? I only ask because I'm more interested in the road less travelled. I've been riding on knobbies and will have to buy something more road-worthy if I hope to get more than a thousand miles per (rear) tire.
-crazymike

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
PNWcrazymike,

The ride will encompass a good amount of both on and off road riding. There will be stretches of road that is not avoidable, but there will also be nice long areas of desolation. I do not anticipate any real difficult terrain. I am planning on running 60/40 avons or perhaps a more aggressive DUNLOP 606.

None the less, this will be an epic ride. Your input is appreciated.

Snakeboy66

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Tick Tock, we are getting closer.....to TSDSIB

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I have been diligently working on riding skill, bike, gear, sleep system and life. I am becoming more and more excited as time ticks by. I am getting lot of positive feedback from people I speak with. I am jazzed and its on.

So, here is the potential list of participants. Please note anyone is welcome to join part or all of this trip.

Definite:
Snakeboy66
KMBsar

Mark B 4 - Joining on July 3rd.

Possible:
KLR650bp
Nodaclu
Cabrito
ArcticKLR
scrapper
lockjaw

First night in Yosemite campsite. Second night Nevada, third night BBQ, hot springs and fun. to be continued in different locals.

The basic route: SF - Yosemite - Mono Lake - Nevada - Lake Tahoe (Nevada) - Oregon - Crater lake - Coos Bay - Crescent City - Bayside - Ukiah - Sonoma Coast - SF.

Let me know if you are in, out or maybe.

Snakeboy66

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Decided that life is short...

Put me down as probable.

Cleared it with the GF, now I need to clear it with my boss at work...

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Decided that life is short...

Put me down as probable.

Cleared it with the GF, now I need to clear it with my boss at work...
Holla Cabrito,

That is some freaking excellent news. You have put a smile on my face. What can I do to skew the outcome in a positive result?

Snakeboy66

" I have the will, the way and the friend's to accomplish it with."

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Submitted my request in writing at work today.

99% Go.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Submitted my request in writing at work today.

99% Go.
Fellow KLRers,

This news fills my tank with joy. We have two (2) confirmed: Snakeboy66 and KMBsar, 99% Cabrito, MarkB4 late arrival. Lets make it happen.

Snakeboy66

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
100% In.

Got the okay from the boss at work.

Bike is packed and ready.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Where in New Mexico are you, Scrapper ?? I'm only about 4 hours east of Phoenix and 50 miles north of I-10 Are you the one who mentioned a friend in Glenwood ?? I'm guessing Las Cruces..........??
deming

yeah i'll have to bail on this one guys. it would be nearly 1000 miles just to meet up for me.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Gentlemen, Fellow Riders of the KLR.

I would once again like to invite any of you to join us on our first night in Yosemite. I have secured two (2) campsites, each can take up to six (6) campers. If you are unable to join the Tri State Dual Sport Iron Butt you have the chance to be part of the inaugural send off team.

Snakeboy66

61 - 80 of 108 Posts