Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just saw this ride. Live outside Virginia City, Nevada. Need to be here July 4. Can I catch up and join for part/rest of ride? Please advise. Teacherman.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Good afternoon Teacherman,

We will be departing Yosemite on 07/02 heading for Mono Lake and then Gardnervill, NV. 07/03 depart and head towards Reno, camping at Pyramid Lake. 07/04 depart towards Oregon/California. Let me know your intentions.

Snakeboy66

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Hello All KLRers,

The departure draws near. The Red Rider is loaded and ready. KSU 7:00am SF to Yosemite. Leg One Tri State DS Iron Butt.

Snakeboy66

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Catch up

Just came over the Sierra yesterday. Need to be here July 4, but will track you night of July 4. Will determine whether catch up is possible if I leave early July 5 outside of Reno. As you know, weather cooking. Watch out for afternoon TS. Will send out post when/if I leave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Morning Snakeboy & Co. Following Cabrito's spot. You guys are up around Klamath Falls. Thunderstorms everyday in late afternoon around me. Several fires have popped up. Need to stay around as I'm in rural area with horses, plus group is way ahead of me. Sorry I missed the ride, sounds like a good time. Will head out into Central, Eastern Nevada next week. Ride safe.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts

·
Administrator
8,912 Posts
Thanks, Stinker, for speaking up. I watched the progress on the Spotwalla page with great interest. They went to some really neat places and know I that Cabrito doesn't go anywhere without his GoPro and his camera.

Hmmm? Michael? Snakeboy? KMB?

T

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Hello All,

A great injustice has fallen upon me. I had my GoPro on the top of my helmet and was diligently taking videos and pictures. I was so stoked to be able to share them with the Forum. The memory chip fell out at the overlook of Usal Creek beach, Piercy Ca., 39.837047, -123.842078. If anyone is headed out there let me know. There is a reward for the recovery.

None the less, the entire trip was an amazing success. Cabrito, KMBsar, Ben, Mark, Tim and I enjoyed a nature inspired light show while at Pyramid Lake. The next dat we road from there to Susanville, Ca. We all enjoyed lunch and then Cabrito, KMBsar and I pounded out to Klamath Falls, camped in the forrest. Upon waking up and takng off, we climbed the Pelican Butte (6500 FT). What a trip....That evening we rode to Bayside, Ca. and had a delicious sushi dinner and camped in my Mothers backyard. The final day (we did not know it was the final day) we played on Usal Rd. We rode so fast and well that we covered twice the amount of miles expected. Upon a mutual decision, we slabbed it back home.

Once I have recovered the memory card, I will post some awesome footage. Until then, I will post other photos that I took.

Snakeboy66

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Hello All,

A great injustice has fallen upon me. I had my GoPro on the top of my helmet and was diligently taking videos and pictures. I was so stoked to be able to share them with the Forum. The memory chip fell out at the overlook of Usal Creek beach, Piercy Ca., 39.837047, -123.842078. If anyone is headed out there let me know. There is a reward for the recovery.

None the less, the entire trip was an amazing success. Cabrito, KMBsar, Ben, Mark, Tim and I enjoyed a nature inspired light show while at Pyramid Lake. The next dat we road from there to Susanville, Ca. We all enjoyed lunch and then Cabrito, KMBsar and I pounded out to Klamath Falls, camped in the forrest. Upon waking up and takng off, we climbed the Pelican Butte (6500 FT). What a trip....That evening we rode to Bayside, Ca. and had a delicious sushi dinner and camped in my Mothers backyard. The final day (we did not know it was the final day) we played on Usal Rd. We rode so fast and well that we covered twice the amount of miles expected. Upon a mutual decision, we slabbed it back home.

Once I have recovered the memory card, I will post some awesome footage. Until then, I will post other photos that I took.

Snakeboy66
I gotta say that whenever I see pics of a klr loaded up I think "Homeless Person"!! :LaughHard:
Too bad about the memory chip, hope you recover it as everyone would love to see the pics, I'm sure!!
Regards....justjeff

·
Administrator
8,912 Posts
...The memory chip fell out at the overlook of Usal Creek beach, Piercy Ca., 39.837047, -123.842078...

Gaaaaah! Sorry that happened!

T

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Okay a few more pics..

Outside Yosemite on Day two -
Snakeboy pulls over to floss..

We Ride out to Nevada..

We stop at Mono Lake

we slab it to Snake's friends house in Nevada.. Finally getting close.

We take a dirt short cut to the house.. (finally a little dirt)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Did you drop the memory card when you tried changing it there?

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Day Thrree

Day Three -
We met up with MB4 and Tomato City in Reno and headed to Pyramid Lake.

Found the most killer camp site on Pyramid Lake in Nevada

A few of us went back to the store for beer and water.

On our way back we could see that there was a storm coming in

It provided us with a thunder and lighting show for several hours - And a double rainbow

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Day Four

Day Four

I woke up in time for the sunrise.

Six riders headed out from Pyramid to Susanville, CA.

There was lots of dirt!

Tomato City had a little mishap with a muddy section, but handled it with aplomb. (i'm not sure what Mark is doing in the background.)

We all made it to Susanville for a big lunch and then we split the group.

·
Administrator
8,912 Posts
I like the parasol mod.

T

81 - 100 of 108 Posts