Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Oh but there's more..

Day Four Continued into day Five

So after lunch in Susanville we went to Oregon (this makes it three states in one day)

Long day riding from Nevada to CA to Oregon

We found the most killer sight to camp in the woods.

Day Five starts out with some real adventure.

Kevin says this road will take us to a fire lookout on Pelican Butte.

The ride made my bike tired so it took a nap on the way up.

Snakeboy's bike got tired and also took a nap.

The top was close...

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Day Five ect...

So we finally made it to the top! Absolutely Fantastic.
This is Pelican Butte in Oregon.

I tried to climb up to the fire lookout but the trap door was locked. I got these pictures.

I implored KMBSAR to be careful..

Then we headed back down the hill to go find Crater Lake.

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Crater Lake Oregon

Couldnt see the forest for the trees...

The Crater Lake was Stunning.

We were hoping to go for a swim so we rode up to the lake from our campsite in our swim trunks. We were denied...

Next day we rode out to Cali to stay with Snake's Mom for a night and then to the Lost Coast to the famous Usal Road..

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Usal Road

Usal Road was a blast. By this time we were pretty used to riding on rugged dirt roads with our fully loaded bikes. Our driving speed increased quite a bit.

After Usal we were supposed to camp one more night but the other guys were tired of the road and wanted to get back home to go to work and see their families. I wanted to just stay on the road. I was getting into the vagabond life myself..

A few parting shots of Usal....

All in all we fell short of the 1700 miles, but did end up doing about 1549 miles total.. No issues with the bikes aside from Snakes forks being bent or something. He wacked the front end against a tree and that seem to straighten the out for the ride home.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
1. Tom is fancy, it is a parasol. ;)
2. Damn, I'm jealous, wish I could have ridden with you guys.
3. Wow, Kevin has come a LONG way since the day I thought he was going to die on the 101 to Mark's. :poke:

Dope pics as always. Glad you guys had such a blast. Sorry about the memory card, but if it never turns up, someone will find it someday and think, "What an awesome ride! Man, those guys are...uh...rugged looking." ;)

:cool0012:

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
101 - 108 of 108 Posts