Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I'm to late to suggest that you physically check the torque on the front axle before you remove the nut. But grab your torque wrench and see how close you got it during your tire install, I'll guess you didn't use a torque wrench.

I seldom do either on tire jobs, but one never really knows the causes of issues unless we check the Finer Details.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Yeravener,
Even going back to your original posting I wonder if even your new steering bearings are adjusted TOO Snugly. This will cause the bike to Wander at low speeds, because the rider has to slightly over-correct because of the slight friction. You have always referred to it as "wobble", but I wonder if it isn't actually "wander"?
Too soft & spongy of front tire might even exaggerate the problem in dirt.

I once had a young dirt bike customer who went thru about 6 pair of handlebars, because he kept crashing in the corners. One trip down the alley behind my shop was all I needed to be able to feel his bikes problem.

I wish you were closer to Tom Schmitz, who is in Redondo Beach. But member 'campfire' is somewhere near the Bay area, maybe you could send him a PM and ask for a little personal assistance. Some members only need an excuse to go for a ride!

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
You may have answered your own question. Your set-up maybe riding tail Low with baggage. Is there any chance the your rear suspension is using lowering links?

If so they alter the steering angle and soften the rear suspension. But Cogent will build shocks to support the load, but That Does Not Correct the steering angle.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I wonder what happened to the posting I thought I had 'posted' earlier today?

Not many bikes get along with that depth of sand & pea gravel on top of a hard road base. Much less an over-weight / over-loaded dual sport on compromise tires.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Your steering bearings may need to be serviced. Dry, loose, notchy steering bearings could cause your issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts