Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Yeravener,

I have a 2015 with 4k miles. I also get a weird hunt or wander in the front end. I just ordered the Cogent DDC and springs for the forks(they were wonderful to deal with BTW). I am hoping this is a drop in a solution I will let you know. After reading this thread I will check the steering head per DXKLR adjustment specs. Might as well check the front rim run out, spokes and balance. I will not get to it for about 3 weeks.

In your post, you mentioned a few times about stiffness in fork travel. I have ridden several different years on all kinds of terrain and I could never say the fork travel was stiff. You might remove the fork brace if you have not already and see if that helps. Please let s know as yo find things.

I am really hoping not to go thru all these gyrations in getting the bike correct.

Moto

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I can't help you on summer passing, but I will Mic my springs. If it looks like yours are larger, I will ship you these old ones. Like you, I'm busy as well and it will be Sept 1 ish. Almost everyone has swapped the front springs surely someone has a set they can measure the coil thickness. I would think cogent would know the stock spring specs. If I recall they are .40 kg/mm. I do not recall a length or coil dia spec in any of the reading/research. All the straight aftermarket rate springs are around .60 to .70 kg/mm for the klr application( at least the ones around a 200# rider from an actual suspension specialty shop).

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Well, I finally had time to change my front suspension to the cogent DDC. My front end wandering issue is gone and the bike is much more pleasant to ride. I have put about 800 miles on it in 3 days. 99% paved roads and some interstate. I would highly recommend Cogent DDC. The bike is now sure-footed, I have the Shinko 804 and 805 that are balanced.

I did find the stock shocks had very different oil levels which may have caused some of the issues. I had a few loose spokes but the rim run-out was good. Spokes were retorqued. If you have the coin you will not be disappointed with this upgrade.

Moto

1 - 3 of 3 Posts