Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
And, once again, as Kawasaki marketing has since 2008, erroneously publishes bogus specifications:

"CDI" ignition, and single-piston caliper rear brake.

The "Fully-Transistorized Breakerless Ignition" is inductive, versus capacitive; and . . . rear brakes have [EDIT] double-piston calipers.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
And, once again, as Kawasaki marketing has since 2008, erroneously publishes bogus specifications:

"CDI" ignition, and single-caliper rear brake.

The "Fully-Transistorized Breakerless Ignition" is inductive, versus capacitive; and . . . rear brakes have double calipers.
Well not exactly, Damocles.
But the single rear brake caliper does have double Pistons. vbg
So on this point, you are both 1/2 correct. :)

ps, Damocles I do see that you edited your posting, but I don't know how to delete this one.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
Well not exactly, Damocles.
But the single rear brake caliper does have double Pistons. vbg
So on this point, you are both 1/2 correct. :)
I stand corrected; here's what Kawasaki says:
Single 240mm disc, single-piston caliper
The latter-day KLR650s have double-piston calipers, front and rear.

The, "Electric CDI" ignition of Kawasaki ad men's fantasies remains erroneous.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
And, once again, as Kawasaki marketing has since 2008, erroneously publishes bogus specifications:................single-piston caliper rear brake................
Damoclese just mis-typed. The marketing piece does say the rear has "Single 240mm disc, single-piston caliper" as he implyed. But, I will point out that all this stuff that is printed on glossy paper comes from the marketing department, not the engineering department. The marketing people may not even know what a caliper is and when pressed by a deadline they just copy from from last year and print it.

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
"Well, I can't wait to meet Matte Carbon Gray. Sounds like an interesting fella." Tom said flatly.

Tom

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
"Can't help but wonder if he is seeing Candy Persimmon Red." Tom said sweetly.

Tom

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damoclese just mis-typed. The marketing piece does say the rear has "Single 240mm disc, single-piston caliper" as he implyed. But, I will point out that all this stuff that is printed on glossy paper comes from the marketing department, not the engineering department. The marketing people may not even know what a caliper is and when pressed by a deadline they just copy from from last year and print it.
I'm left seeing this:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yes. The people skills people were doing their thing blowing hot air and singing jingles and everything was going along fine until DAMOCLES started calling them out on the facts. Then everything turned pear shaped, went south and blew up in their faces.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
"Can't help but wonder if he is seeing Candy Persimmon Red." Tom said sweetly.

Tom
In about 1978-79 Kawasaki painted a KZ650 4 cylinder "Candy Persimmon Red", it looked quite a bit paler than this.
Bud Rosecrans, my boss at the time made the comment, "looks like Pinched Titty Pink to me"!
We did sell a couple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts