Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
just got a brand new KLR 650. looking forward to getting good information and advice from my fellow owners. Normally i ride a Goldwing but it doesn't enjoy the dirt road i live on during the winter. so the 650 will be mainly my winter ride

·
Registered
100 Posts
What color is the new ride? Enjoy and yes, lots of great info here. I'm on a 2017 with 4200 miles coming off a 2006 I rode for about 20k...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have to warn you to sell the Goldwing now while you can still get a good price for it.

I was on my second Goldwing when I bought a new 2008 KLR and parked the Wing in the garage to play with the KLR a bit. That 2008 KLR now has 100k miles on it and I have put 60k miles on a new 2011 KLR. The Wing has not moved an inch in 10 years.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
I have to warn you to sell the Goldwing now while you can still get a good price for it.

I was on my second Goldwing when I bought a new 2008 KLR and parked the Wing in the garage to play with the KLR a bit. That 2008 KLR now has 100k miles on it and I have put 60k miles on a new 2011 KLR. The Wing has not moved an inch in 10 years.
Oh my lord.
I hope that you drained/sucked every drop of fuel out of the fuel tank which you could, GoMotor?
I have a Suzuki M50 Boulevard in my shop now which had a fuel tank "Full of Burnt Corn Flakes" for lack of a better description. YUCK. Crystallized 'corn squeezings'!
Only been 4 years since last ridden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts