Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry.........added Sequatchie Valley Days to March!

Welcome to 2020, everyone! The Southeast is a wonderful place to get together with friends to ride and just hang out by the campfire. Most of the locations are Motorcycle Campgrounds, but some are private land of our friends. Thanks for providing a place, guys! For those rides at the campgrounds, don't forget to make reservations early if you need cabins, etc. Everyone just pays the campgrounds on an individual basis.

Hope everyone has a great year of riding! The list of rides sits at 5 in the spring and 4 in the fall. Hope the dates work out for your personal calendar. Most are the same weekend of the month they were last year, but take notice that there are a couple of changes:

1. Sequatchie Valley Days is moved earlier to late March and cooler tempts. Prentice Cooper opens the week prior ...and also before the Turkey hunts.

2. Blue Ridge Run is moved earlier to the last weekend of May, for possible cooler temps. The following week is designated as a backup in case of bad weather the previous week.

3. Smokey Mtn 500 is pushed later by a couple of weeks to possibly have cooler temps in the first weekend of October. The following week is designated as a backup in case of bad weather the previous week.

Also, I took out the 'Host' heading of each rally. Of course, there will be the usual suspects that will show up regularly and lead rides, but in the occasion they don't (ex - Thursday Early Birds), just get up a band of riders and go blaze a route! We will start a Ride Thread about 3 weeks before each rally.

Rally_________When______ Where______________Link
Sequatchie Valley__Mar 20-22__Trials Training Center_____TN/AL/GA - sooner
Roads & Trails ____Apr 3-5_____Iron Horse ML_________NC/TN - sooner
Valley in the Sky__Apr 24-26____Two Wheels of Suches__NGa Mtns - sooner
TDT XV_________May 15-17____Cherohala MR________TN/NC/GA - sooner
Blue Ridge Run_ _May 29-31____Blue Ridge MC_____ __NC/TN/SC - sooner

SUMMER TIME!!

Smokey Mtn 500___Oct 2-4____Smokey Mtn. 500_______NC/GA/TN - later
Bat Out Of Helen___Oct 23-25___Cherokee Campground__GA/NC - later
Bama Jama_______Nov 6-8_____Tagalong's Place_______AL/GA - later
Cuhutta DS Ride___Nov 20-22____Casa de Randall______GA/TN - later

if you see any issues, give me a shout.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you for the schedule. Hoping to make some of these and meet some of you all.

Sammy
2014.5 KLR

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
As soon as I get to that elusive 15 posts I will be able to give you the link. Until then, you'll have to google it

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

Post #13
:grin2:

sre

·
Registered
42 Posts
Making my reservations for Ironhorse. I'll be there for a week, bringing the kLR and my M109. See y'all there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We will be under travel restrictions? NOT! RIDE SAFE, RIDE OFTEN.

Theres another post toward 15 !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just show up to a group ride!! you'll have a good time as the ridin we do to the various places is 2nd to none!

Theres another one toward my 15!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Randall took the tuned KLR out yesterday and he claims it runs great. That's all good news.
Now to get that KLX of yours getting better gas mileage..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now to get that KLX of yours getting better gas mileage..[/QUOTE]

I redid the carb with a recommended kit, more like the set up of a klx 300, pulled out the snorkel from the airbox,.only mods done to it. Previous owner, could have done who knows what.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts