Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rally________________________When__________Where____________________________Link
Roads & Trails_________ Apr 2-4_____Iron Horse ML_______________NC/TN - sooner
WindRock & Roll_______Apr 16-18___Windrock Gap Campground_TN/KY
Valley in the Sky_______Apr 30-May 2_Two Wheels of Suches_N. GA Mtns
TDT XVI________________May 14-16___Cherohala MR_____________TN/NC/GA - sooner
Shady Valley Ride______May 28-30____Switchback Creek Camp____TN/VA - sooner
Blue Ridge Run________June 11-13___Blue Ridge MC_____________NC/TN/SC - sooner

SUMMER TIME!!

Loop Weekend_________Sep 24-26___Choice of 3 loops (see below)__Later
Sequatchie Valley Days__Oct 8-10_____Trials Training Center______TN/AL/GA - later
Bat Out Of Helen_______Oct 22-24____Cherokee Campground_____GA/NC - later
Bama Jama_____________Nov 5-7______Tagalong's Place___________AL/GA - later
Cuhutta DS Ride________Nov 19-21____Casa de Randall___________GA/TN - later

September's Loop Options
Option 1: Smokey Mtn 500 - This is a 3 day, 500 mile loop on mostly FS/dirt roads with some pavement. Each day we stay at a different campground - TN/GA,NC

Option 2: Bootlegger Loop - We will take the eastern half of this week-long adventure tour through the southeast, to create a custom 3 day loop. - NC/VA/TN

Option 3: Over-Mountain Loop - This is a 3 day, 4 state loop with a great mix of FS/dirt roads, twisty pavement, and scenic views. It is big adventure bike friendly, yet still comfortable on smaller dual sports. TN/GA/NC/SC

See you soon!

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think I just need a bike to stay down there......🤷‍♂️ TDT for sure, as always.
Bama Jama
And a new regular...randall's!

I'm sure I'll add some as they come up. 🍻🍻🍻

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got plenty of room to store the 701 for you. And I promise to keep the battery charged.

sre

I think I just need a bike to stay down there......🤷‍♂️ TDT for sure, as always.
Bama Jama
And a new regular...randall's!

I'm sure I'll add some as they come up. 🍻🍻🍻

·
Registered
191 Posts
HAHAHA....that is the only one I would want to keep here...lol

Here being MI

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Iron Horse Motorcycle lodge for RV,s is full, all CMA members have the spot. There are two 15amp110v near the lodge. Site E and F I think. No hook up to anything to there. I planned to be there april 2 thru 6. I am searching other campgrounds. Cheoah Point Campground is not open that early in April; neither is Stecoah Valley RV resort. I got no answer when calling Kickstand Lodge, Hunts Lodge, .

What does anyone on the list recommend? My bumper pull toy hauler is 26 feet, pulled by my F150. Usually leave the truck hooked up and ride my motorcycle (s). Are the following any good for my setup:
Apple tree campground,
Nelson's nantahala hideaway,
Brookside campground.
Mountain Riders Riverfront cmogr,
Centerline Camping
?????????

Ringo ( john in Chatsworth)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Iron Horse Motorcycle lodge for RV,s is full, all CMA members have the spot. There are two 15amp110v near the lodge. Site E and F I think. No hook up to anything to there. I planned to be there april 2 thru 6. I am searching other campgrounds. Cheoah Point Campground is not open that early in April; neither is Stecoah Valley RV resort. I got no answer when calling Kickstand Lodge, Hunts Lodge, .

What does anyone on the list recommend? My bumper pull toy hauler is 26 feet, pulled by my F150. Usually leave the truck hooked up and ride my motorcycle (s). Are the following any good for my setup:
Apple tree campground,
Nelson's nantahala hideaway,
Brookside campground.
Mountain Riders Riverfront cmogr,
Centerline Camping
?????????

Ringo ( john in Chatsworth)
I haven't RV'd that area before....sorry I don't have anything. Iron Horse fills up fast for this CMA event.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, thanks Chuck! You are the man - MR KLR! Even if he can't get time for the ride, he has been known to show up - and to even cook dinner! Who else does that? Chuck does. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Updated links....

Rally________________________When___________Where_______________________________Link
Roads & Trails_________ Apr 2-4_____Iron Horse ML ...................... NC/TN
WindRock & Roll_______Apr 16-18___Windrock Gap Campground__TN/KY
Valley in the Sky_______Apr 30-May 2_Two Wheels of Suches___N. GA Mtns

SUMMER TIME!!

Sequatchie Valley Days__Oct 8-10_____Trials Training Center______TN/AL/GA - later

September's Loop Options
Option 1: Smokey Mtn 500 - This is a 3 day, 500 mile loop on mostly FS/dirt roads with some pavement. Each day we stay at a different campground - TN/GA,NC

Option 2: Bootlegger Loop - We will take the eastern half of this week-long adventure tour through the southeast, to create a custom 3 day loop. - NC/VA/TN

Option 3: Over-Mountain Loop - This is a 3 day, 4 state loop with a great mix of FS/dirt roads, twisty pavement, and scenic views. It is big adventure bike friendly, yet still comfortable on smaller dual sports. TN/GA/NC/SC

See you soon!

·
Registered
191 Posts
The 701 is ready, and so am I!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looking forward to the spring/early summer rides! Unfortunately fall rides will be missed unless someone has the power to bump them up or back a week, currently they all hit on work weekends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rally________________________When__________Where____________________________Link
Roads & Trails_________ Apr 2-4_____Iron Horse ML_______________NC/TN - sooner
WindRock & Roll_______Apr 16-18___Windrock Gap Campground_TN/KY
Valley in the Sky_______Apr 30-May 2_Two Wheels of Suches_N. GA Mtns

SUMMER TIME!!

September's Loop Options

See you soon!

This local rider will be their!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts