Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
981 Posts
I'm in CA so no Power Commander for me.
Im sure there’s a willing klr member outside of CA who could get you one very easily.
I would, but I’m stuck in liberal Commiefornia just like you! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: OCL and ZZnoTop

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
981 Posts
You bet, it’s been an awesome mod!
I was planning on purchasing the clutch switch bypass from Kawi Brad when his o2 sensor delete becomes available again.
After viewing your post, I got impatient and decided to do the mod without his bypass plug. Working well so far (y)

Reactions: OCL

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
981 Posts
Reactions: ZZnoTop

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
981 Posts
The dyno runs JD posted has stock runs and with tuner.
I should have specified….an unbiased dyno run performed by someone outside of JD :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
981 Posts
Ordered! Finally a Dyno Tuned plug and play solution!

$260 for this versus $430 for the Power Commander that they won’t ship to California is a no brainer. I’ll report back my findings.
Please do! Know anyone that will let you roll on their dyno for free? :p

Reactions: ZZnoTop and OCL

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
981 Posts
Does JD recommend deleting the o2 sensor with their tuner??

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
981 Posts
KLR-Mule….do it. If this thing turns out to be a winner it may end up on back order after we tell everyone. LOL!
I haven’t had much luck with tuners in the past. Had a Jet chip on an old gmc pickup that permanently screwed up the auto-transmission programming. Also had a friend install a dyno jet power commander on his Polaris ranger. 2 years later, the tuner fried the ecu and it needed to be replaced.

I’m not implying that JD’s tuner will do the same, I’m just a little reluctant at the moment due to previous experience.
If you see decent power gains without issue, I might purchase one.

Reactions: OCL
1 - 7 of 7 Posts