Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,112 Posts
I'm holding out for an ecu tune. It's always the best solution to allow the ecu to address any modifications, fueling and ignition timing etc. One stop shop control unit but finely tuned for the modifications.
On my super tenere, I got in on the ground floor with tune ecu back when you could buy a harness and use the software for free. Now you need to buy a license. It worked amazing. Installing the harness was a bit like brain surgery depinning the ecu harness. But some steady hands and fresh eyes helps.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,112 Posts
I'm afraid to unleash full throttle on mine. 40hp is allot! JK. It takes a bunch of throttle twist to go WFO on these new bikes with the goofy new throttle assembly. I'm patiently waiting for motion pro to produce one.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,112 Posts
I ordered yesterday and already chatted with JD. OCL, with our mods, we will be sitting pretty. Only problem is I'm leaving my bike up in Northern Wisconsin for the next 3 weeks so I won't be able to play with it until then. I have the central ADV rally coming up soon so I'm leaving the bike here. I don't ride near my home anyway because Illinois sucks.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,112 Posts
I got a shipping notice from JDJetting today, so I guess it will be on the way tomorrow. With any luck I can try it out by next weekend.
Same here. Shipping confirmation came this morning. Please figure it all out for me. I won't have access to my bike for 3 weeks. I left it up where I ride and have a rally coming up the beginning of August. Lots to do when I get there too...

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,112 Posts
JD mentions 02 sensor readings as part of the adjustments so I'm guessing part of the harness will hook up to the 02 sensor, efi connector and battery at a minimum. We'll see soon once a few of us get them installed.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,112 Posts
I've always leaned towards flashing the oem ecu or replacing it with a performance ecu like a GET or Vortex. Unfortunately we don't have that option yet. The Vortex I ran on a KTM 350 was a huge improvement with zero problems.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,112 Posts
Mine came today as well. It'll be a couple weeks before I can install it. I did read the instructions, pretty straight forward. I wonder if the tank even needs to come off or if the injector connector can be accessed with the seat and just the rear tank bolts removed. Then prop the rear of the tank up a few inches. I'll figure it out soon enough.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts