Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered these racks last week because the Tusk racks have been backordered for a while. As luck would have it, the ebay racks arrived yesterday and they don't fit. And to add to my frustration, the Tusk racks just came back in stock... Doh! I ordered the Tusk racks with Nelson Rigg soft bags yesterday so I won't need these racks.
I'm working with the ebay seller to return the racks but they shipped from Kentucky and now they want me to return them to China. On my dime.
I bring this up to alert everyone with a gen 3 to steer clear of these racks. The overall quality is good but the rear mounting hole on each side is off about 18mm. If they don't provide a prepaid shipping label I'll cut and weld these to fit a gen 3. If that happens, I'll post them for sale in the marketplace and someone will get a good deal on good racks that actually fit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
420 Posts
Start a dispute since it doesn’t fit. “Item not received as described” or whatever verbiage they use.

It’s about the only way to get your money back anymore or file a CC chargeback.

Also, PayPal has been sending me emails saying they pay for returns now. I haven’t looked at the details but look into that too.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay won't do anything because they feel me paying shipping is fair. Crazy. Seller advertised the product would fit and it clearly doesn't and I have to pay to return their defective part. I messaged the seller a few pictures and am waiting for another response. I requested they provide a pre paid shipping label to make it right. If not, I'll leave a nice honest feedback review so nobody else gets screwed. I'm sure with some time and proper tools(which I have) these can be modified to fit. Fingers crossed they do the right thing.

·
Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
164 Posts
I'm a feeBay seller, I can guarantee you won't have to pay for shipping. When you initiated a return did you mark the product as "listed incorrectly"? If not that may have triggered a "your fault" return, especially if you marked it as "item did not fit" or something like that.

Take it up with eBay claims and insist the item was listed incorrectly. If you do it over the phone (which I recommend), you're going to talk to outsourced reps in India. Insist then you speak to a supervisor and stick to your guns on the item being listed incorrectly.

I underlined the shit out of listed incorrectly because that will be your ticket to not paying china shipping, which is currently outrageous.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
964 Posts
Ebay won't do anything because they feel me paying shipping is fair. Crazy. Seller advertised the product would fit and it clearly doesn't and I have to pay to return their defective part. I messaged the seller a few pictures and am waiting for another response. I requested they provide a pre paid shipping label to make it right. If not, I'll leave a nice honest feedback review so nobody else gets screwed. I'm sure with some time and proper tools(which I have) these can be modified to fit. Fingers crossed they do the right thing.
Been there done that. You can start a claim with eBay and you will get your $ back.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm a feeBay seller, I can guarantee you won't have to pay for shipping. When you initiated a return did you mark the product as "listed incorrectly"? If not that may have triggered a "your fault" return, especially if you marked it as "item did not fit" or something like that.

Take it up with eBay claims and insist the item was listed incorrectly. If you do it over the phone (which I recommend), you're going to talk to outsourced reps in India. Insist then you speak to a supervisor and stick to your guns on the item being listed incorrectly.

I underlined the shit out of listed incorrectly because that will be your ticket to not paying china shipping, which is currently outrageous.
I did choose doesn't fit. I chose that because it doesn't fit. I think it's a manufacturing defect and is supposed to fit the gen 3. The seller responded last night asking for pictures which I sent this morning. I don't think I can change the details of the return at this point but idk. Hopefully they make it right.

·
Registered
2022 ABS Traveler- Orange
164 Posts
I did choose doesn't fit. I chose that because it doesn't fit. I think it's a manufacturing defect and is supposed to fit the gen 3. The seller responded last night asking for pictures which I sent this morning. I don't think I can change the details of the return at this point but idk. Hopefully they make it right.
You are right, but more correctly it doesn't fit since it is not made for a 2022, thus incorrectly described. Something else to keep in mind is eBay has standard return reasons prompted for nearly all their products, so a shirt that "doesn't fit" is less so the fault of the seller and more so the fault of the buyer. With auto/moto parts it's obviously a bit different, but the same generic responses are prompted.

Regardless of the intricacies of eBay, you'll be able to get your money back and the China manufacturer will eat the cost of shipping due to their faulty listing practices. It may just take a bit of patience and time.

Reactions: Reveille

·
Registered
2022 Khaki no abs, Thermobob 2, tusk panniers gen2, modified crash bars gen2, Tusk D-flex, 16t front
428 Posts
That's crappy. Buying online is so sketchy sometimes.... If you have to I bet if you stuck those arms in a vise you could bend them each a 1/2" and re-straighten the tabs and bolt them up. When I modified the gen 2 tusk panniers I only had to modify the left side rack. The right side bolted right up. Might have been a factory defect that worked out for me by chance? IDK didn't matter because they bent real easy in the vise. Good luck 😎👍

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You are right, but more correctly it doesn't fit since it is not made for a 2022, thus incorrectly described. Something else to keep in mind is eBay has standard return reasons prompted for nearly all their products, so a shirt that "doesn't fit" is less so the fault of the seller and more so the fault of the buyer. With auto/moto parts it's obviously a bit different, but the same generic responses are prompted.

Regardless of the intricacies of eBay, you'll be able to get your money back and the China manufacturer will eat the cost of shipping due to their faulty listing practices. It may just take a bit of patience and time.
I contacted ebay. They agree there are many discrepancies with the listing and return status. For one, the item shipped to me from Kentucky but they expect me to return it to China. Ebay says no Bueno. Also since the part is listed as fitting model and clearly doesn't, that is also another seller responsibility. Ebay seemed confident I will be reimbursed. We'll see.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:
Ebay stepped in and had me ship them back to Kentucky vs to China. It was 14 bucks FedEx and they already recieved them. Just waiting for the refund now.
The Tusk racks came and fit like a glove. All is good now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I ordered Tusk racks from a seller on Ebay and they sent an email saying they actually don't have them in stock and say they were told it will be July 6th before they get any.

Now, the racks are out at Rocky Mountain and all other retailers. I could pay $80 more and get the Dirtracks model, but I think I'll just wait. Should have enough room in my trunk for daily riding gear and supplies.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ordered Tusk racks from a seller on Ebay and they sent an email saying they actually don't have them in stock and say they were told it will be July 6th before they get any.

Now, the racks are out at Rocky Mountain and all other retailers. I could pay $80 more and get the Dirtracks model, but I think I'll just wait. Should have enough room in my trunk for daily riding gear and supplies.
Go to rockymountainatv and add your email to the notification list. That way you won't miss them.
If those goofy ebay ones fit like they should, it would be a great alternative. They did finally refund me so lesson learned.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered these racks last week because the Tusk racks have been backordered for a while. As luck would have it, the ebay racks arrived yesterday and they don't fit. And to add to my frustration, the Tusk racks just came back in stock... Doh! I ordered the Tusk racks with Nelson Rigg soft bags yesterday so I won't need these racks.
I'm working with the ebay seller to return the racks but they shipped from Kentucky and now they want me to return them to China. On my dime.
I bring this up to alert everyone with a gen 3 to steer clear of these racks. The overall quality is good but the rear mounting hole on each side is off about 18mm. If they don't provide a prepaid shipping label I'll cut and weld these to fit a gen 3. If that happens, I'll post them for sale in the marketplace and someone will get a good deal on good racks that actually fit.
try dirtracks.ca

1 - 17 of 17 Posts