Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may replace the stock steel handlebars on my 2022 Gen 3 with aftermarket aluminum handlebars. So l removed and measured the stock handlebars. Here are the effective dimensions:

Effective width = 857 mm (33.7 in)
Effective height = 137 mm (5.4 in)
Effective sweep = 92 mm (3.6 in)

Effective dimensions are given because there is a "nub" on each side of the handlebar to accommodate the bar ends. The nub is a smaller diameter than the rest of the handlebar (that is, the nub is less than 7/8" in diameter) and about 15 mm long. The outside end of each grip overlaps this nub by aprox 9 mm. For example, the total width of the handlebar is 875 mm, but the distance measured to the end of the grips is 857 mm.

All measurements are effectively center-to-center measurements. I used the method for measuring bars in this RMATVMC video:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A close match to the stock handlebars is the Pro Taper SE ATV low bend. But like all the aftermarket options, it isn't as wide as stock.

I plan to go with the Tusk T-10 ATV sport bend bars which have a similar bend to the stock handlebars, but are about one inch higher.

If you go with 1-1/8" handlebars instead of 7/8" handlebars, then you will need new clamps, and to account for the height of the new clamps relative to the stock clamps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts