Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So, crazy thinking, that it might work, I put the gas tank back on and hooked everything back up. The starter will engage, the pistons will move. But the engine won't start. I'm now at a complete loss. I hate to do it, but it might be time to bite the bullet and tow it to the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Did you replace the injector?
Is it possible that it's simply clogged and could be back-flushed?
So when i tested it with the fuel pump running, and the injector intermittently connecting to a 12v power supply, it would spray, but it wasn't a fine mist. Maybe I need to remove it again and clean it again? or order a new one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
UPDATE! VINDICATION! I received a message from Kawasaki last night out of the blue. Called them this morning and they confirmed that there is a defect in the fuel pump which causes starting problems. I can pick up a replacement pump this afternoon at the dealership. And its free.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
786 Posts
UPDATE! VINDICATION! I received a message from Kawasaki last night out of the blue. Called them this morning and they confirmed that there is a defect in the fuel pump which causes starting problems. I can pick up a replacement pump this afternoon at the dealership. And its free.
I’m wondering if this will eventually be turned into a widespread recall. There’s at least one other member that experienced a premature fuel pump failure on his gen 3.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts