Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of delivery dates ?

Last I heard from my local dealer .they are not even able to order them yet in the system..

I think they keep guessing as to when they can order or even receive the new KLR ...

It seems like everything is hard to get lately .you can’t order anything and nothing is in stock .(parts /metal /plastics..) everything is six weeks out !!
they blame it all on the Covid shut downs I’m discussing other companies at this point but it’s getting old that everything you need for supplies is 6 to 8 weeks ..
And toys they just don’t know how many month’s..

Sorry for the rant .. this morning.. guess I need to go get some bike time ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone know of delivery dates ?

Last I heard from my local dealer .they are not even able to order them yet in the system..

I think they keep guessing as to when they can order or even receive the new KLR ...

It seems like everything is hard to get lately .you can’t order anything and nothing is in stock .(parts /metal /plastics..) everything is six weeks out !!
they blame it all on the Covid shut downs I’m discussing other companies at this point but it’s getting old that everything you need for supplies is 6 to 8 weeks ..
And toys they just don’t know how many month’s..

Sorry for the rant .. this morning.. guess I need to go get some bike time ...

Put my deposit down last week on a new KLR and was joking with the dealer about picking it up in September... one of those not-really-funny jokes actually, but still... ANYWAY, now I compulsively check my phone !!! good luck, Smartline, it'll happen eventually !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealer order date is 30 May. Dealers going to California to test ride. Arrive at dealers in July.

Sounds about right... and I'm having all of the farkle installed on mine too... I'll still get regular riding in on my VFR 1200x, but I am definitely ready to commence break-in on that KLR ! (thank you for the dealer data and dates too !)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put my deposit down last month on the loaded model ..
we shall see

some one buy my 2017 with under 700 miles please lol

·
Administrator
3,894 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,899 Posts
Dealership recently had a demo to check out.
Do they actually allow demo rides on it?
Or is it a non-functional 'Display Only' model? Waiting for a brain for its fuel injection and/or ABS system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It’s Coopers motor sports in Edmonton (it was only there for three days). But the bike is making its way all over Alberta. The bike is fully functional but is a not for sale demo so to speak. No test rides.

·
Premium Member
8,899 Posts
So it is a "For Display Only" model. Did they start it for you? Does it still sound like a KLR650?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So it is a "For Display Only" model. Did they start it for you? Does it still sound like a KLR650?
No, it wasn’t started. Key wasn’t even brought out. But I did get to sit on it. Suspension felt good. Seat was comfortable and the furniture seemed to be decent quality. This will be my first KLR so only by comparison to friends older variants, it looked well made. I have no intel on the engine though.

Also for everyone’s situational awareness, the dealer has no new info on delivery dates. So I managed to get in touch with Kawasaki Canada. They have no time lines either. Only to say that it was an an import type issue. And that they were working with customs and transport authorities to get updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Put a deposit down about 6 weeks ago and still no news as to when they expect to see them. Been checking with two different dealers and both have no delivery information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put my down payment a week ago. The dealer said by August it what they are being told. But most likely Aug. I'm in long island.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Local dealer said they have shipped. Couple of weeks. Asked about abs vs non abs. He is under the impression that the first order will have them both.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts