Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Color is difficult to retain accurately in memory so I could be way off, plus I haven't seen them side by side or even on the same day.
I'd swear Toyota is painting some of their trucks in Pearl Sand Khaki and Pearl Lava Orange. Hopefully they at least gave them different names. Anybody else had the same reaction? TC

·
Registered
118 Posts
Color is difficult to retain accurately in memory so I could be way off, plus I haven't seen them side by side or even on the same day.
I'd swear Toyota is painting some of their trucks in Pearl Sand Khaki and Pearl Lava Orange. Hopefully they at least gave them different names. Anybody else had the same reaction? TC
I keep seeing a couple of these Lexus models in my neighborhood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

·
Premium Member
10,777 Posts
I've gotta' ask, Where is the front bumper on many of these newer vehicles?

Do they expect the cameras & proximity sensors to PREVENT all accidents? Good luck with that!

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998, 1987; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,265 Posts
A friend of mine recently had another driver come across 2 lanes of traffic to get in the left turn lane and wipe across the front of his 2019 Mercedes E63 AMG. It didn’t do any structural damage, but replacing pretty much all the plastic bodywork forward of the front wheels, the hood, and other bits and pieces underneath, and repainting, cost over $45,000! Crazy. I can see the insurance companies sticking together and lobbying again for some kind of redux of the 1970’s law that required cars to sustain a 5 MPH impact from the front with no damage. Many of us here will remember the “5-MPH-bumpers” that graced cars of that era. Along with 85-MPH speedometers…

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
854 Posts
The last vehicle I owned with an actual steel useable front bumper was a 2003 F250 Super duty. Should have never sold it. I could use the bumper to push heavy items out of the way with zero problems, or scratches. Now, it's all just plastic crumple zones up front.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've gotta' ask, Where is the front bumper on many of these newer vehicles?

Do they expect the cameras & proximity sensors to PREVENT all accidents? Good luck with that!
The bumpers are behind the plastic. Yes pretty soon these cars will have self braking. Many already have "brake assist" and "Collision Avoidance". The latter is VERY annoying. On my truck I can adjust it to be less of a backseat driver but I can't turn the damn thing off. You do know that many vehicles now have self parking (parallel parking)?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes to both colors. Apparently, black on black is no longer in. We're going back to brighter Earth colors. I'll be honest, I didn't pick the ADV model mostly because it was too much black. Looks bad ass though. I had a choice between the Sand and Lava Red. I just couldn't take my mind off the Lava so I went for it. I'm so glad I did because I love that color. It changes hue depending on the light and it's not really red. It's closer to Rust color.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A co-worker came up to me yesterday and asked if my bike was the "olive greenish military-looking one" out in the parking lot.

Since I was parked next to a couple of metric cruisers in blue and black, I affirmed that it was mine.

He said it was bad-ass looking and loved it.

I have never seen it as greenish.

But, the Toyota Tacoma color is called Quicksand and is definitely more tan. I wish my KLR was closer to it.

And since Toyota had both the Quicksand and Inferno Orange way back in 2017, it would seem that Kawasaki is in fact copying Toyota.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
633 Posts
I’ve noticed the same. Was behind an orange 4Runner the other day and I swore the paint color was identical. Same goes for the khaki.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts