Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
249 Posts
You mind if I ask how you got it installed. My tusk compressors twisted in half and died in the middle of the job.
I stopped before I destroyed my compressors. My local shop, Apex, was kind enough to install the spring free of charge. I took it there intending to pay whatever they wanted after I failed to finish the job. I’ll always be impressed with their generosity and will absolutely pay them with return business.

I believe his statement was “that’s a hell of a spring” when he brought my shock back out. There really is a lot of power in that 9.3.

A slight step back to my previous comment. I remembered another member that installed a 9.3 and he also added lowering links. He has his preload on number 2 because those links change the geometry of your rear suspension. ie. levers/leverage

I ordered and received the links a month or so ago but haven’t installed them yet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey I just emailed top gun and they told me the opposite thing. Anyway you could let me know how the spring is treating you after a few miles with it on before I throw one on?
I have 7600 miles on now and the spring is doing great. The shock is doing great. The sag at the lowest spring setting is perfect for just myself no luggage. If I add a person I turn it up to three. It's a very strong spring.

As far as install....

I used car coil spring compressor but I couldn't get the hooks to go between the springs. I have a bunch of high strength steel wire and I just put the coil compressor with the hooks facing outward, wrapped the steel wire around the compressor and spring. I used alot of wire to make sure it wouldn't move.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 - Fully loaded
773 Posts
Anyone have the torqUe specs for 2022 rear shocks?
Instead of a “look it up yourself” response, here you go. Screw that manual. There’s nothing that’s really worth a $hit in it anyways :ROFLMAO:
Cheers!

Upper shock bolt: 43 ft/lbs
Lower shock bolt: 72 ft/lbs

·
Registered
773 Posts
Where did you two guys find the specs? :)
Uhh the internet. Google search. These bikes are so popular, you can google anything related to a klr and find your answer.

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Reactions: Timlang60

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
249 Posts
Where did you two guys find the specs? :)
OEM service manual. I keep it here in the house in case I want to look it over in the evening. The owner manual is out in the bike in case I need to know something simple out on the trail. Of course the service manual goes along on extended trips. I’m new to the KLR so it’s good to keep close by.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Where do you think that the Internet / Google got the answer from?
I would rather use google search than browsing through the poorly written manual. That’s what I primarily use.
Why are we still talking about this? And who cares? :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Why are we still talking about this? And who cares?
Because if one is gonna' work on their own vehicle, they ought to have their own danged manual & know how to read it!
Its a whole lot quicker & more accurate than 'internet' searching!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts