Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking forward to a great year of riding with the KLR Group! This year will look very similar to last year, with only a couple of changes.

First, I would like to welcome 3 new loop rides that I am creating! The details and gpx files will be added soon, but in a nutshell, these rides will be great for folks to grab a few friends and hit during the year at your convenience.

Second, TdT has been pushed back a week from last year. That puts it just a week before the Shady Valley Ride. This could allow those folks coming a long way to hit 2 rides in a long week.....as well as adding one of the new loop rides.

• Please go ahead and reserve you cabins if you need to.....they go very fast at Tour de Tellico.....as well as any RV sites at BOOH.
  • Be aware that the Blue Ridge Run is contingent on Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground reopening by then.
  • Hoping to have Tour de Pisgah back in Del Rio, TN this fall. Stay tuned......

Rally______________________When____________Where___________________________Link
Roads & Trails_________ Apr 1-3_____Iron Horse ML______________NC/TN - sooner
WindRock & Roll_______Apr 15-17___Windrock Gap Campground___TN/KY-sooner
Valley in the Sky______Apr 29-May 1 Two Wheels of Suches_______N. GA Mtns-sooner
TDT XVI______________May 20-22___Cherohala MR_______________TN/NC/GA - sooner
Shady Valley Ride______May 27-29____Switchback Creek Camp___TN/VA - sooner
Blue Ridge Run (if reopens)June 10-12__Blue Ridge MC___________NC/TN/SC - sooner

SUMMER TIME!!

Tour de Pisgah______.__Sep 23-25___Former Rider's R&R_________NC/TN later
Sequatchie Valley Days__Oct 7-9_____Trials Training Center________TN/AL/GA - later
Bat Out Of Helen_______Oct 21-23____Cherokee Campground______GA/NC - later
Bama Jama___________Nov 4-6______Tagalong's Place___________AL/GA - later
Cuhutta DS Ride_______Nov 18-20____Casa de Randall___________GA/TN - later

Loop Rides
Cherokee Over-Mountain Loop (3 day) - gpx files coming soon
Southern Appalachian Loop (3 day) gpx files coming soon
Middle Highlands Loop (3 or 5 day) gpx files coming soon[/B]

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking forward to a great year of riding with the KLR Group! This year will look very similar to last year, with only a couple of changes.

First, I would like to welcome 3 new loop rides that I am creating! The details and gpx files will be added soon, but in a nutshell, these rides will be great for folks to grab a few friends and hit during the year at your convenience.

Second, TdT has been pushed back a week from last year. That puts it just a week before the Shady Valley Ride. This could allow those folks coming a long way to hit 2 rides in a long week.....as well as adding one of the new loop rides.

• Please go ahead and reserve you cabins if you need to.....they go very fast at Tour de Tellico.....as well as any RV sites at BOOH.
  • Be aware that the Blue Ridge Run is contingent on Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground reopening by then.
  • Hoping to have Tour de Pisgah back in Del Rio, TN this fall. Stay tuned......

Rally______________________When______________Where______________________________Link
Roads & Trails_________ Apr 1-3_____Iron Horse ML______________NC/TN - sooner
WindRock & Roll_______Apr 15-17___Windrock Gap Campground___TN/KY
Valley in the Sky______Apr 29-May 1 Two Wheels of Suches____N. GA Mtns
TDT XVI______________May 20-22___Cherohala MR_______________TN/NC/GA - sooner
Shady Valley Ride______May 27-29____Switchback Creek Camp___TN/VA - sooner
Blue Ridge Run (if reopens)June 10-12__Blue Ridge MC___________NC/TN/SC - sooner

SUMMER TIME!!

Tour de Pisgah______.__Sep 23-25___Former Rider's R&R_________NC/TN later
Sequatchie Valley Days__Oct 7-9_____Trials Training Center________TN/AL/GA - later
Bat Out Of Helen_______Oct 21-23____Cherokee Campground______GA/NC - later
Bama Jama___________Nov 4-6______Tagalong's Place___________AL/GA - later
Cuhutta DS Ride_______Nov 18-20____Casa de Randall___________GA/TN - later

Loop Rides
Cherokee Over-Mountain Loop (3 day) - gpx files coming soon
Southern Appalachian Loop (3 day) gpx files coming soon
Middle Highlands Loop (3 or 5 day) gpx files coming soon
Thanks Chuck, appreciate it! Looking forward to riding with you guy’s.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I guess I might only be able to do 2 this spring. Having them a week apart is too close for me to make it. See you in TN!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just a FYI, if anybody is going to make the Tour de Telico & Shady valley rides which I will plan to do, I’m a gonna take the week off from work between the two & extend TDT and/or do a super early bird for Shady Valley! I’ll be trailering. Open invitation to join me for time between. That’s the plan…

·
Registered
269 Posts
If the Blue Ridge Run does not go down is there a backup plan in the works?
I drove by BRMC a few weeks ago. I cant see them them opening anytime soon. The bridge is still gone and, other than moving some of the mounds of 'stuff' around, no real work has been done on the property.

I would say that there will need to be an alternate plan.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
-Windrock Gap Camping….in the back. Not sure about the cabins

-We can work on an alternative to Blue Ridge Run, if they remain closed. Thanks for offering a place, Mark. I was hoping to track down a place in the same area as BRMC, as the backup….but I will stay in touch with you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts