Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very excited about a new year of riding!! As usual, we have rallies in various regions of the southeast, enjoying the beauty and great roads/trails of Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia!

This year, we are switching a couple of rides around. Moving Sequatchie Valley days to the 3rd weekend of October and putting Bat Out of Helen in the 1st weekend of October. The first weekend of May is left open for various rides being put on by friends of ours. I will share some of them in their own threads as they show up.

The Shady Valley Ride and the Blue Ridge Run rallies are going to be 1 week apart this year. This will be a great opportunity for folks to enjoy a long adventure ride including both rallies as bookends!

• Tour de Tellico normally has several cabins to rent, but a mistake was made and a small group was able to rent the cabins on the weekend we reserve. If you need a cabin, go ahead and call Wayne and get on the waiting list for any cancellations.
  • If you need a cabin for Valley in the Sky.....as well as any RV sites at BOOH go ahead and save your spot.
  • Be aware that the Blue Ridge Run is contingent on Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground reopening by then. Last year we stayed at Mt, Pisgah Campground...which will be our backup this year as well.

Rally____________When_________Where
Roads & Trails____ March 31-Apr 2_Iron Horse ML
Valley in the Sky___Apr 21-23_____Two Wheels of Suches
TDT XVIII________May 19-21____Cherohala MR
Shady Valley Ride__June 2-4_____Switchback Creek Camp
Blue Ridge Run____June 9-11____Blue Ridge MC

SUMMER TIME!!

Tour de Pisgah______Sep 22-24___Meadow Fork Campground
Bat Out Of Helen____Oct 6-8____Cherokee Campground
Sequatchie Valley Days_Oct 20-22__Trials Training Center
Bama Jama_________Nov 3-5____Tagalong's Place
Cuhutta DS Ride_____Nov 17-19__Thunder Rock Campground

Registered
Thanks Chuck! Looking forward to some good rides this year. on TDT Cabins, I know the group is loyal to Wayne, but if you really want a cabin, I stayed at Smitty's and the end of last year (They were open one weekend later than Wayne) Their cabins a really nice and a great setup, dont have the breakfast that Wayne puts out though

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chuck! Looking forward to some good rides this year. on TDT Cabins, I know the group is loyal to Wayne, but if you really want a cabin, I stayed at Smitty's and the end of last year (They were open one weekend later than Wayne) Their cabins a really nice and a great setup, dont have the breakfast that Wayne puts out though
I remember when they were called Hunt鈥檚. If anyone needs to stay in a cabin, there are a few places around Tellico Plains to stay. Since most of our group tents, rvs, etc鈥.CMTC has been a nice place to stay through the years. Great place to meet up for the morning group meeting/rides too.

Registered
Very excited about a new year of riding!! As usual, we have rallies in various regions of the southeast, enjoying the beauty and great roads/trails of Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia!

This year, we are switching a couple of rides around. Moving Sequatchie Valley days to the 3rd weekend of October and putting Bat Out of Helen in the 1st weekend of October. The first weekend of May is left open for various rides being put on by friends of ours. I will share some of them in their own threads as they show up.

The Shady Valley Ride and the Blue Ridge Run rallies are going to be 1 week apart this year. This will be a great opportunity for folks to enjoy a long adventure ride including both rallies as bookends!

• Tour de Tellico normally has several cabins to rent, but a mistake was made and a small group was able to rent the cabins on the weekend we reserve. If you need a cabin, go ahead and call Wayne and get on the waiting list for any cancellations.
  • If you need a cabin for Valley in the Sky.....as well as any RV sites at BOOH go ahead and save your spot.
  • Be aware that the Blue Ridge Run is contingent on Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground reopening by then. Last year we stayed at Mt, Pisgah Campground...which will be our backup this year as well.

Rally____________When_________Where
Roads & Trails____ March 31-Apr 2_Iron Horse ML
Valley in the Sky___Apr 21-23_____Two Wheels of Suches
TDT XVIII________May 19-21____Cherohala MR
Shady Valley Ride__June 2-4_____Switchback Creek Camp
Blue Ridge Run____June 9-11____Blue Ridge MC

SUMMER TIME!!

Tour de Pisgah______Sep 22-24___Meadow Fork Campground
Bat Out Of Helen____Oct 6-8____Cherokee Campground
Sequatchie Valley Days_Oct 20-22__Trials Training Center
Bama Jama_________Nov 3-5____Tagalong's Place
Cuhutta DS Ride_____Nov 17-19__Thunder Rock Campground
Cherohala, Switchback & Blue Ridge is what I鈥檓 planning. Will keep y鈥檃ll posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts