Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KLR650 Adventure, 2011 KLR650 (fast orange), 2021 TW200, 2008 TW200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find some highway pegs to go on the 22 adventure crash bars that don’t look like stupid bolt ons? Everything I can find is 1 1/4” bar clamps or chrome that doesn’t fit the look. I’m assuming they’re 7/8”. Before I Frankenstein something, I wanted to see if anyone has figured out a solution.

And please, I know the bars are light. Don’t care. Don’t need to go down tangents. I’m
looking for bolt ons that’ll work on the factory bars. Any suggestions for that are welcome.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Anyone find some highway pegs to go on the 22 adventure crash bars that don’t look like stupid bolt ons? Everything I can find is 1 1/4” bar clamps or chrome that doesn’t fit the look. I’m assuming they’re 7/8”. Before I Frankenstein something, I wanted to see if anyone has figured out a solution.

And please, I know the bars are light. Don’t care. Don’t need to go down tangents. I’m
looking for bolt ons that’ll work on the factory bars. Any suggestions for that are welcome.
Font Circle Art Event Symmetry
I'm sorry. No suggestions here bud.

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998, 1987; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,265 Posts
They also end up being to high and close, so you’re sitting with your knees up in front of you. Certainly for anyone with 32”+ inseams. You need something like the HT highway peg bar that bolts low and ahead of the crash bar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, saw the HT version. Love their stuff and am waiting on a few pieces as we speak, but the bar and pegs don’t seem to fit the aesthetic of the bike IMO. Was hoping there was something like a “longhorn” that would fit the small diameter bars to deal with the close positioning. Guess I’ll have to rig something up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, saw the HT version. Love their stuff and am waiting on a few pieces as we speak, but the bar and pegs don’t seem to fit the aesthetic of the bike IMO. Was hoping there was something like a “longhorn” that would fit the small diameter bars to deal with the close positioning. Guess I’ll have to rig something up.
Make sure to show us what you figure out. I love a cheaper DIY mod then dropping big coin for a cheap bent pipe.

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
132 Posts
Are you talking about for here? These are some pics I had in a folder for whatever reason. I don't know what I'm pointing at but it shows the hwy pegs pretty good. lol. You are right on the colors.....i just painted these flat black. They were super cheap and I got them on Amazon I believe. Have to see if I can find you a link if this is what you are talking about. If and when they break for the price I will just replace them with the same thing. So far they have been great and offer a great place to stretch out on long rides.

Crankset Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Reactions: ZZnoTop and 2WHLOZK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did these come with the filler shims to fit the smaller diameter pipe? I ordered a set and will shar how they work when I get them. Wanted something with a little bit of offset so I can stretch the legs a bit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did these come with the filler shims to fit the smaller diameter pipe? I ordered a set and will shar how they work when I get them. Wanted something with a little bit of offset so I can stretch the legs a bit.
No, it didn't need anything. They snugged up to the bar very nicely. It took me awhile to remember where I got these from! Lol. Anyway it was Revzilla - here is the link.

Hwy Foot Pegs

I agree a lot of the others are made for the Cruiser crowd....for me these were just generic enough that they "fit" the look of the bike. Good luck!

Reactions: ZZnoTop and OCL

·
Premium Member
10,777 Posts
Clamping those cheap cast aluminum flat surface brackets onto the inner & outer radius's of that tubing will make them prone to fracturing. But one good tip over would probably do that anyways, even on a straight area of tubing.

·
Premium Member
10,777 Posts
I shift with my heel, due to having a fused ankle. I notice a lot of heat when I shift, those with this install is this the case?
With your Left leg forward you are probably feeling hot air from the radiator coming from under the left side of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you talking about for here? These are some pics I had in a folder for whatever reason. I don't know what I'm pointing at but it shows the hwy pegs pretty good. lol. You are right on the colors.....i just painted these flat black. They were super cheap and I got them on Amazon I believe. Have to see if I can find you a link if this is what you are talking about. If and when they break for the price I will just replace them with the same thing. So far they have been great and offer a great place to stretch out on long rides.

View attachment 35009
View attachment 35010
Put the same pegs on my '22, got 'em from Revzilla, work great. BikeMaster Engine Guard Footpegs | 10% ($2.80) Off! - RevZilla

Where did you get that helmet lock?....WANT! (y)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Put the same pegs on my '22, got 'em from Revzilla, work great. BikeMaster Engine Guard Footpegs | 10% ($2.80) Off! - RevZilla

Where did you get that helmet lock?....WANT! (y)

Yah I love the helmet lock! I was doing the cable / handgun lock and that works well especially if I want to lock my coat etc but for quick run in the store and lock up the helmet - well this works great!! I looked all over the bike for a spot for it and for me that worked out the best because with the hwy peg right there I can hang my helmet right on the peg! I don't think I paid that much for it...if you do a search you can probably find it cheaper.

Reactions: 2WHLOZK

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yah I love the helmet lock! I was doing the cable / handgun lock and that works well especially if I want to lock my coat etc but for quick run in the store and lock up the helmet - well this works great!! I looked all over the bike for a spot for it and for me that worked out the best because with the hwy peg right there I can hang my helmet right on the peg! I don't think I paid that much for it...if you do a search you can probably find it cheaper.
Great, thanks! Amazon to the rescue! Looks like a decent unit, reminds me of the factory BMW lock on my '99 oilhead, which was keyed-alike and worked great. (y)

Why they (and other makers) ignore helmet locks baffles me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts