Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the new owner of an '09 KLR, and would like some local help with the 22 cent mod, and doo hickey. I live in the Oxford/Ortinville area of northern Oakland County. I've read all the online help, but am still a little confused. If you can help, I'm willing to compensate you for your time and expertise. Also looking for riding pals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't offer any advice at this point Arnie since I'm a new owner too but I've read a lot here as well and I'm curious to know which mods I need to do as opposed to which ones I want to do.

I've had more than one local shop tell me that the doohickey isn't as big a deal as 'those online forums' make it out to be, but.....I'd rather err on the side of caution and there are some very knowledgable minds weighing in on this site.

I'm quickly learning that 'vatrader' is more than just a pretty face...;)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
As far as the balancer lever tensioner (doohickey) is concerned, it simply does not function as it was designed to. You can still put a heap of miles on it that way but it's not gonna wear properly and will slowly get noisy. So the question is do you want that part to function as designed or as it was built in the factory?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts