Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These videos are up to the usual high standard, including stuttering, fumbling, hand-waving, and a bit of discontinuity.

T

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Excellent videos Tom! 4 points. :60:
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with Jeff Tom, great videos and they will help many who question their ability to do these upgrades.
:WellDone:

Chris

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Nice job but (knew someone would complain about something huh?)

Didn't show removing the pilot screw plug or talk about adjusting it from stopped. Other than that...:bike:

·
Administrator
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's OK to complain when you're right, Spec ;^).

I'll add it.

Just to be clear, though, what do you mean by "adjusting it from stopped"?

T

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
It's OK to complain when you're right, Spec ;^).

I'll add it.

Just to be clear, though, what do you mean by "adjusting it from stopped"?

T

To me "stopped" is turning the screw all the way in until it stops turning!

Sounds kinda British though "adjusting it from stopped" now that I consider it. Blimey.

·
Administrator
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thought that was what you meant...

Not my best effort, that #3, but in case I don't get a round tuit so that I can do it over again, I'll post it.

T

·
Registered
12 Posts
When doing a.22 cent mod on 2012 with LeoVince X3/de-snorkel'd air box/drilled slide/air screw adjustment, would 1 or 2 #4 washers be recommended? Probably 2 for sure with a drilled air box ? Thx for any tips for the newb :)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Excellent!

Yanking the choke cable outside the fitting is brilliant, BRILLIANT! This kink alone could have saved countless plastic choke cable end caps.

The facility with which the choke cable can be drawn outside the cap shows: The choke cable connection to the carburetor is NOT air-tight. So, when you DO crack the plastic choke cable end cap, do not despair--if you have enough plastic left to hold the cable in place at all, you have an operational carb, not compromised by any imaginary air leak from a cracked plastic cap.

Regardless, I replaced my (cracked) choke cable end cap with a METAL one from Stead Engineering; kinda pricey, but . . . as some often say, "peace of mind" has some value!

P.S. I hope Orkin can exterminate successfully that colony of clog-dancing ants now living in your microphone! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts