Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering doing the .22 cent mod. and drilling the carb. Is it worth doing or will it cause more problems than its worth?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I was considering doing the .22 cent mod. and drilling the carb. Is it worth doing or will it cause more problems than its worth?

Absolutely worth doing, you will definitely notice the difference.

Be careful with the plastic mount that the choke cable uses to attach to the carb, it's easy to break.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did mine awhile ago! Very easy to do, probably the hardest part of the job was getting the carb off the bike and putting it back on. Doing the mod itself was actually the easiest part of the job!

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
There is no need to remove the carburetor when completing this mod.

-Unfasten the Choke cable at the Lever and create some slack.
-Loosen the carburetor clamps.
-Rotate the 90* PLASTIC choke connector to the rear before rotating the carburetor toward the right-side.
-Do what you need to do and put it back together.
-Rotate the carburetor to the left-side while rotating the choke connector to the front.
-Remove the pilot adjuster cap and adjust the needle.
-Rotate the carburetor to center and connect and tighten everything you loosened and disconnected.

·
Registered
78 Posts
the klr is known to come from the factory lean, mine was no exception and would pop on the decel when i revved it up. after doing the mod ran great. smother throttle, no popping. just a great mod all around.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the klr is known to come from the factory lean, mine was no exception and would pop on the decel when i revved it up. after doing the mod ran great. smother throttle, no popping. just a great mod all around.
Sounds like the 22 cent mod may be in my future. Mine pops on decel also and I can't stand it. It popped with the stock can and still does with the FMF Q4 too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like the 22 cent mod may be in my future. Mine pops on decel also and I can't stand it. It popped with the stock can and still does with the FMF Q4 too.
Well I finished the .22 cent Mod. I got a deal on the washer mine was only .11 cents for a .030 thick stainless washer. well worth the time. I also did the "L" mod. and it made quite a difference. throttle response is much smoother and it starts much better. "The front wheel keeps coming off the ground now but that's OK."
Anyone else thinking of doing it. It is worth doing. it took me a couple tries to get the adjustment dialed in. But definitely worth doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts