Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post here. Just bought a bike after nearly 10 years without one and I'm super stoked on it. I bought a 2009 klr650 and realized the previous owner took off the rear passenger pegs and brackets. I found someone online whos parting out a 1st gen Klr650 and I'm wondering if you guys think the pegs and brackets would fit my 2009 one?

Thanks in advance. Stoked to get caught up on all info on this site! Cheers

·
Registered
133 Posts
Older brackets should bolt right on but note that from factory they use a shoulder bolt. Lots of racks have been mounted with standard 6mm bolts.

·
Premium Member
8,899 Posts

·
Administrator
9,158 Posts
Somehow, in California Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing culture, "Machts nichts" became "Mouse nuts".

We will now return to our normal programming...

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Somehow, in California Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing culture, "Machts nichts" became "Mouse nuts".

We will now return to our normal programming...
Ah, California Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing linguistics!

I recall one or two words and phrases from that lexicon; residuals from my misspent youth employed in that culture.

Example: KLUGE (noun). Only some time after I left the culture I discovered, actual people were NAMED, Kluge! Some day, an academic Doctorate will be awarded an etymologist whose thesis reveals the origin of, "kluge," in the California Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing context.

A, "free world" definition of kluge (or kludge): A badly assembled collection of parts hastily assembled to serve some particular purpose. Some say this definition captures the essence of KLRs. We, of course, the KLRista cognoscenti, know that interpretation is false.

NOW, back to our regularly-scheduled programming!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts