Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here in Atlantic Canada we opened up our interprovincial borders to each of the Atlantic provinces. So a buddy of mine and myself planned a moto camping trip from New Brunswick to Nova Scotia. We planned on going to Mahone Bay, where the curse of oak island is filmed for the history channel. We decided we would camp one night in Chester NS and the other in Digby N.S. then travel home. Our travel would take us around the province avoiding the Trans Canada Highway when possible. Leaving NB we had to take the trans Canada and returning too. We did about 1600km over 3 days. Brought my 19 yr old son along too. So we loaded up the bikes on Friday morning hooked up our comms and left. With the exception of a momentary cut out while on the highway we had no issues. I put some sea foam in the tank on the way back and the bike cut out for a split second after it had gone through but continued on without another issue. First night we had some rain but it was fine. Just made our early morning start a little delayed. Second night was awesome, very nice campground on the coast of the water. Trip home was hot but good. On day 2 we ate at the restaurant where some filming is done for the show. Things I have realized I need for the bike after this trip. Highway bars would be great, even with the seat upgrade to the seat concepts seat my butt is sore today, better foot pegs. Slipped off the foot peg when climbing onto the bike a couple times. Banjo bolt upgrade, running over the old 5k rpm the bike definitely consumed some oil. I may replace the petcock too. All said and done was a great trip. Longest the boy has ever gone out for and I think he had a great time too.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts