Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the 25th and 26th of April for next years ride. Date is still tentative but looking strong for this weekend. For those of you that have attended the last couple of years, there will be a couple of new twists that I'm working on. It is most likely gonna be two day trip loops in different directions with camping on Saturday night.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This will be a 2nd amendment friendly ride. More to follow. I'm working on some fun stuff.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Any more info on the dates?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff, as much as it pains me, I'm gonna have to stick with the original dates that I posted. I know this puts you in a pickle and I'd love to have you on this ride. Without moving the ride by a month or so, I'm stuck. Can I send Mrs. Campfire some flowers and chocolate?

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Do what you gotta do! Get this ride going and lead the way to another adventure.

I'll try to make something happen, but I wouldn't count on it. There will be other rides in Arizona..................... you always find them.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Schedule is changing............... there's a shot now.

Not much of one, but a chance.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it works out. Wouldn't be the same without you

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
One day Ill make it to AZ...its on my bucket list since I was 5...one day...
Um..... travel to Arizona you will......... desert you will ride in I see...

Travel you must

Waiting they are to ride with you............

I have no idea where that actually came from. And I haven't even had a beer tonight.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff, you crack me up! AZ isn't going anywhere anytime soon Flambe. Anytime you make it out here is time to ride!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Another teaser------------

The herd before heading out last ride.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
things are starting to come together, not quite finalized on routes yet but getting close. As stated before, this will be 2nd Amendment friendly, please be sure that you bring all associated safety gear for this as well as the ride. There will be safe, secure storage for any and all toys that you bring, while we ride. Please feel free to PM me for my phone number or with any questions you may have. It's gonna be fun.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, update time again.

-we have the campground locked in, can accommodate RVs if needed. The campground rates will be $15 for tent sites or $30 for Rvs. The campground has power, laundry, showers, ice machine, bathrooms, etc. We will be the only users of the campground during the ride. The fees are to the owners of the campground, not to me at all. I'm not looking for any money for this ride at all.

- There will be a BBQ on Friday night for those that choose to come up the day before. This will include burgers,brats, etc. and cookies for Robert Z, of course.

- Saturday night will be brisket, chicken etc prepared by my coworker who is awesome on the meats. Again, these meals are for us and there will be no charge for it, just part of being the host.

-Saturday's ride will be a longer loop with a lunch stop in the mining town of Jerome and will be more technical than Sundays ride, there will be bypasses for the more technical stuff, if you choose not to.

-Sunday's ride will be a shorter loop ending early to mid-afternoon to allow those riders that choose not to be part of the shooting sports to get on their way home before too late in the day.

- The range day part of this ride will be Sunday afternoon and will require PPE. There will be ZERO tolerance for anyone that decides to do their own thing, we can have fun but WILL NOT get anyone hurt. I am working on having some uncommon firearms available to shoot but can't guarantee it. Firearm storage during the ride will be available and not far from the range. If you bring long guns that you cant easily carry on the bike, there will be transportation for them.

-The campground address is: 2900 Gunsite Rd. Paulden, AZ 86334

We will be KSU at 0800 on Saturday and Sunday.

I need to get RSVPs soon from everyone that plans to attend and if they are camping out or not. The closest motel (about 20 minutes away) is the Days Inn in Chino Valley, AZ. I have not stayed there but it's pretty new and I haven't heard anything bad about it. There is abundant camping in the Prescott National Forest around the area for those that choose not to utilize the campground. Pm me for any advice on those areas.

-There is a possibility of some high profile attendees, but until I get confirmation....

I realize that this forum is Canadian centric, please feel free to join us on the ride, even if you don't partake of the firearm side of it, if you do choose to to attend and wish to shoot, we will be able to accommodate you, without question.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I must bail out on this years ride.
Just can't pull it off this year, but have fun without me guys. Jon will be sure to show everyone a good time and as always, provide some great memories for all.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So bummed Jeff. But mebbe we'll see you for the expo!

·
Registered
434 Posts
OK, guys, I am joining you on this year's ride.

Sorry for not RSVPing sooner, Jon. Once the site saw that I had a KTM, it literally exploded and locked down. Had to have IT nerds and DoD EOD techs fix it.

Anyhow, I so look forward to getting back out with this group of fine riders for some absolutely stunning riding. The 1st Annual Ride exceeded all expectations and forever changed the way I think of Arizona. (Definitely NOT dirt, cacti and lizards!)

Again, thanks for welcoming not one but two non-KLRistas. If it's any consolation, I am a KLR owner/rider at heart.

Will see you on 4/24...:fighting0001:

Dan

·
Registered
434 Posts
So bummed Jeff. But mebbe we'll see you for the expo!
Double bummed. Jeff was one of the very cool riders I met on the first ride and a very amiable RV partner.

Sorry you won't make it, buddy. :tent6:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I may have bad news, during the pre-ride, my bike developed a massive oil leak and has a noisy valve train, After cleaning it up I noticed that the seal between the clutch cover and the crank case has split right behind the oil filter housing. The right side exhaust cam lobe has been blued a bit. Gotta finish tearing it apart and start measuring everything. As of now the ride is still a go, Just have to get my bike done quick. Hoping the head and cams are still ok.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That just sux, Jon. :t1204:

I hope you get it fixed quickly and inexpensively.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm back on the road after a fair chunk of change and a bunch of mishaps with parts ordering. But I am back!! new cylinder head and a reused head gasket (don't ask why)

There will be two separate but equal groups as part of this ride, gonna have too many newbies to do the routes I had originally planned. The routes will be very similar and will terminate at the same place. One beginner group and one more advanced group.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts