Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 turned over 50,000 miles on the way to work today.

Still runs good, no problems with it really. There was a minor incident with the front hub/speedo, self inflicted maybe!

I bought it new almost 5 years ago and commute year round about 50 miles a day. Thought I would be doing the occasional long multi day type trips but haven't managed to yet!

I'm hoping I can get another 2-3 years before I need to get into the motor. My living expenses have recently gone up... My oldest daughter is getting married in a couple of months. My son just started college and my youngest daughter is graduating high school early (next year) and heading to college!

KLR don't fail me now!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Congrats on the bike and the kids. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good job on the bike and the kids, Enjoy the walk down the aisle with your daughter, I walked with my only daughter two years ago, very monumental moment for us dads. I'm sure it was just yesterday when she was in kindergarten and we attended the father daughter dance. She was so little I had to hold her in my arms all night.
Seems like you are very blessed my friend :).

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Damn, Spec, you definitely log some saddle time; over 1,000 miles a month! Obviously a well-maintained machine. Sounds like you're doing a good job with the kids. Keep it up on both fronts!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys.

Yea the daughter getting married gets me to thinking back, doesn't seem that long ago when she was crawling around the living room.

Kinda weird when the first kid moved out, but weird in a good way!

A couple of more years and it will just be me and my wife again in the house, that will be weird too!

I am very blessed, way more than I deserve.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Congrats on all accounts!
My daughter just started K today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts